XI

He started taking a step forward "Do you like the adrenaline building up in your body, the mere thought of taking someone's life in seconds?" he said slowly.

I blinked a few times, not sure how to respond.

He kept going "That sense of power running through your veins like you were born for it... but you're not sure if you should pull the trigger. Maybe it's not the right time, after all, there is a right time for everything. The right time to eat, the right time to lean in for a kiss, the right time to-"

"- stop, just stop!?" I said while shaking the gun at him, I'm so confused and I don't even know why.

He took a step forward. "No, not another step William!" I said almost screaming at him. He smirked "Whatever you say" he stepped back and took a turn towards his lounge. He looked back at me and started walking towards the sitting area. I watched him as he took two glasses and poured whiskey in both. He sat down and drank a bit of his whiskey while holding the other one in his other hand.

I wondered if just shooting him in the back of the head would be easier than seeing his face, oh my god why am I even thinking of the best possible ways to kil-

"I bet I know what you are thinking of just now" he said confidently. Oh, shut up.

I scoffed.

"Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to sit down and join me" he said annoyingly. I walked over to the other side of the lounge, the gun still pointed at him. He gestured for me to have the glass of whiskey "I don't drink" I responded.

"Oh really" he said in a monotone voice "that's not what you showed me last night" he smirked while taking another sip. I then recall the time at the bar with Kyle before he rudely interrupted. Yesterday I was just a normal person, now I'm a girl who just got kidnapped by a psycho.

"People change." I said sarcastically

"and to that I say cheers" he said before downing the rest of the whiskey. He set the glass down, I wasn't sure if he was trying to act cool or something, but he didn't flinch.

"I'm just curious, do you find it weird being you?" he asked in a disgustingly way. I was taken aback.

"What do you mean?" I said not being able to hide the anger in my voice. His eyes flickered back up at me after longingly staring at the glass. I know i'm weird, but he was just being rude for the sake of being rude!

He doesn't even know me.

"sweetie, acting dumb is pathetic, especially in your position" he said refilling his glass. Is he on drugs...

"my position?" I asked furiously. Before he had time to respond, "I'm holding the gun here!!" I said standing up.

My stare was so intense, as, for William, he seemed in a daze... it was creepy. He was just looking at me. He abruptly stood up. I flinched and my hand tightened around the sole of the gun.

"Forbidden... Assassin" he said slowly, I scrunched up my eyebrows and looked away for a split second awkwardly. It seemed like he was waiting for me to say something.

"1845" he said copying my expression. What the hell is happening? I've never felt so awkward in my life.

"Golden Hour" he said another random set of words.

I shook my head in an uncomfortable manner "wha- why are you just saying words? And- And dates" I said growing more nauseous and scared. Either this guy is saying this for a good reason or he's a psychopath.

Oh no, I'm in a room with a psychopath

"Victoria... why were you at The Masquerade?" he asked hesitantly.