II

🚨disclaimer🚨: this book can be read from chapter ' *XV* ' as all events up until then will be brought up faintly during the chapters

"Get off me" I shoved her away from me and she laughed.

"Mrs Princeton I told you I could wake up this little birdie" Kelly gave my mum the thumbs up, which my mum returned with a tight smile.

I picked up my red purse and opened it finding my mask, I kind of hoped that my mum forgot to put it in but we all know she would never forget something as important as this.

I sighed for the tenth time. This is so stupid, so so stupid.

The car came to a sudden stop. Everyone started getting their purses, masks and most importantly their invitations. I looked in my purse and saw my hotel key card and my invitation.

'Welcome to the 88th Annual Masquerade'

Masquerade my ass, and to think for a second that so many journalists and news reporters come every year from all around the world to try and catch a glimpse of what's inside.

The door opened revealing a young man in a suit, he offered me his hand.

I ignored it and got out myself, and shut the door... by myself, I don't plan on having a servant doing stuff that I can do very well myself. My bodyguard and the Chauffeur gave each other 'the look'. I rolled my eyes and fixed my eyes on my mother who looked furious with my actions.

She pointed to her mouth and told me to smile.

I plastered a fake smile and waited for my bodyguard to hurry up and stop looking around like there are bombs about to go off.

As I headed for the stairs, I got thrown with multiple questions.

"Miss Princeton, are you looking for the one"

"Can I get a statement, Miss"

"Have you any idea of who the special guest is" I stopped and faced the reporter.

She widened her eyes, before putting on a professional poker face.

"There's a special guest?" I asked her.

"Um- uh, yes Miss can I get a statement of the inside!?" The reporter desperately asked.

"That'll be enough, let the lady breathe" a young males voice could be heard right behind me. His voice is so familiar. He placed his hand on my back indicating for me to move.

"No, get off me" I half-whispered and half-shouted.

"Still as feisty as I can remember" his breath now much nearer to my neck. I lightly gasped at the tingling feeling of both his strong arms around my waist.

"Don't make me move you, Victoria"

I started walking again and suddenly felt his warmth leave me.

I turned round to see who it was but there was no one there. Was I imagining it? Would I be allowed to go back and ask the reporter? No, I can't, mother would chop my head off.