VII

I entered the ballroom again; people were no longer dancing but were sat down getting served drinks and food by the staff.

I quickly put the mask back on and walked with Kelly's Mother. Shuffling of seats could be heard as soon as the doors shut, all the attention was averted to us... silence. "Awkwarrrd" Kelly's mother whispered to me.

I chuckled nervously. "At least we will be featured in the papers" Kelly's mother smiled at her own loud thoughts. That happened a lot with Kelly's mother; she always said thinks straight up how they are, she was never the kind of person to beat around the bush. Exactly like Kelly.

Kelly... "Kelly" I spoke my thoughts out loud. Where was she? Most importantly where is she now?

"Oh my god Victoria, I heard everything from your mother... thank god you're alright" my head turned around to see my Dad, he looked at me from head to toe checking for any bruises I'm guessing.

"Dad I'm fine, honestly" I said reassuringly. "okay okay" he breathed out. "They didn't let me come see you, come take a seat, you didn't miss much" he murmured.

I sat down and looked at the two empty seats beside me. Kelly and my mother were still not here. I turned to Kelly's mother "Where is sh-"

"checking checking" the host brought everyone's attention to the stage. "I'm hoping everyone is enjoying this fine night as much as I'm enjoying the champagne" a few lazy laughs could be heard in the room.

"For tonights special, the one and only dance that truly matters to our youngsters as it seems... will begin when the grand clock strikes twelve" I nearly squirmed as the fairytale Cinderella came to mind, everyone started clapping and some old ladies cheering. C

"What dance is this?" I asked my father.

"The lucky ticket winner must dance with the special guest" I could see my dad holding back from rolling his eyes as he was saying it. He wasn't much with my obsession over Chris Hemsworth.

I looked at the clock, a quarter to 12. Which supposedly leaves me fifteen minutes to find Kelly and hopefully run into my mother and semi apologize.

I stood up as I saw a couple of people wondering the ballroom for drinks or a toilet break. My father caught my arm gently "Victoria where are you going?" I looked at Kelly's mother who was looking at me. "To get a drink, my throat is a little dry" I made an excuse. "Have some champagne?" my father said trying his best to get me to sit down again. "I'm in need of some water, but thank you" I gave him a tight smile "please be careful" I walked away and headed to the bar.

I look around trying to spot my mother or Kelly.

After 10 minutes of walking around and bumping into fellow school mates that recognized me I soon found myself at the bar, I took a seat on the stool.

Luke turned around. "Well hello stranger" he nervously laughed while looking around the room. "hi?" why was he acting weird. "Did you not expect to see me again or something" I say as I sat down on the stool.

Almost immediately he said "no no of course not, I did expect you of course" he stuttered.

"Are you alright?" he said changing the subject while cutting up a piece of orange.

"Do I look alright" I turned my head so my cheek was in the light.

"Holy Shit" he said loudly, earning a few disapproving glances from fellow workers. "What happened to you?" he stopped cutting the orange.

"I came face to face with a door" I half lied, although I genuinely don't know what happened. He stood there for a couple of seconds just looking at me.