IV

I turned my attention towards Luke who gave him a nervous nod. Who the fuck was this guy. Luke met eyes with me and I picked up my mask, mouthing a sorry to him and I placed it on. He gave me a small smile in return.

"You don't have to wear it" I turned round to the Mr Mystery Jerk over here who decided to share a few words.

"And you don't have to be so rude" I said not even sparing him a glance I stood up.

"You haven't even finished your drink" he said, taking a sip out of his own.

I took my drink (he turned his head towards me) and downed it. My mouth burned but I didn't flinch. I turned and walked away, but not before I said "Dick".

He heard it alright.

As  I was walking I saw Kelly. I started speed walking towards her. "Hey, Kells" I said waving my hand around trying to grab her attention.

She saw me and smiled. "Hey" she said in an unsure tone.

"I didn't know where to find you, I was basically pushed into the ballroom" I said.

"Yeah, it's alright" she quickly said. "Have you danced with someone yet?" She quickly changed the subject. I'll let it slide, we all have nerves especially on this occasion. Whatever she had to tell me couldn't be that bad anyway.

"No, actually I took a couple of minutes to breathe you know, soak up the feeling of being in a room full of hot snobby people" I said cutting the tension.

"Well talking of hot snobby people, there's a hottie walking towards us" she said.

I turned around and noticed it was the dick. I rolled my eyes, "He's a jerk" I said, "O" that's all she said.

"Sorry to interrupt but may I have this dance" he said while looking at me.

"Ummm how about... no" I said giving him the best fake smile I could pull off, I turned back around to face Kelly.

"Actually" Kelly started saying "I have to leave so she would love to dance with you" I looked her deadpanned in the eyes and gave her a 'are you fucking serious' look.

"Use a condom" she said while walking off. I rolled my eyes at my best friend, now I knew what she meant about dramatic exits. Bitch.
I turned back to him, "please" he said. Marks for no emotion.

"Why?" I asked lamely. I was tired.

"Because a beautiful woman like you shouldn't have to go through the night without at least a dance" oh he was good.. but kind of creepy that he knew I haven't had a dance.

I burst out laughing. "Where did you pull out that cheesy line from, from up your ass?" I said while he rolled his eyes.

"You really don't recognise me, do you?" His amused expression turned dark in seconds.

"Am I meant to?" I looked at him confused. Then focused my attention on some of the people in front of us.

"Well considering we met once this evening, Victoria" I turned my attention towards him once again. "Not counting the time where you caught me almost having sex with a girl" he said that so confidentially.
I didn't have to say anything for him to get the message that I knew exactly who he was.

He was the guy who basically pushed me away from that Reporter.

"Just because you pushed me from a Reporter doesn't mean-" I started saying.

"- I'm not using that against you in any way, but normally - he took a step closer - when I want something - he looked at my lips - I get it" he said lowly.

His stare was so intense it made me think he was trying to search for something, but unfortunately, I wasn't willing to let him in but something tells me that he already knew that.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the last song of the night for our dear youngsters, make your way to the middle of the ballroom" The host said.

I backed up a couple of feet and breathed out. "One dance" I said sternly.

"One dance" he said back, a large smirk was evident on his face and I wished nothing more than to just slap it off his stupid face. He reached out his hand while still maintaining eye contact. I hesitantly took it and he squeezed it gently.

We walked to the middle of the ballroom where a couple of other dance partners were getting ready. I caught eye contact with my dear ol' mother.  She seemed satisfied.

Then her face dropped when she stared more closely at him. She looked at my father who instantly looked at me and him. Kelly sipped her drink as she looked at both my parents.

What the hell was going on.

Only if she knew that this dance means nothing. Although it'll save me a lot of trouble later when I say I haven't found 'the one' and then say "I tried".

The music started playing. His hands went down to my waist and my hands went around his neck.
Should I tell him that I can't dance or-

"You can't dance?" He asked me, his mouth was too near my ear, I was tingling for more but controlled myself.

"What gave it away?" I slightly smiled.

"Well, your hands are quite secured around my neck" he lightly laughed. I understood why women gaped at him.

I relaxed my hold, realising how strong I was gripping onto him to make sure I wouldn't fall.

"How do you know who I am?" I finally asked. I could sense that he stiffened. He brought his face closer to mine. Grabbing my waist tighter I felt that I'd get a bruise tomorrow.

"Victoria" if looks could kill, I'd not be here.

"I don't know who you are" I said a little bit louder than I should have. I started to panic, I shouldn't be dancing with him.

"Then look harder" he said. I looked at him more closely. But I couldn't, I don't know. I just wanted to leave.

"Take off your mask" I said shrugging my shoulders in a way to get rid of this tension. He sighed at my response and loosened his grip on me. His eyes, they reminded me of someone.

But it couldn't be him. It just couldn't...

But it was.

____________________

Kelly: Fighting is not the answer, unless someone steals your food. Vote!!