XVIII

Thank you for 90k reads ... but seriously thank you guys so much!!

Taking the needle out his neck, I pushed him aside. As he lay there beside me, motionless, so still, I wondered if I should take off his mask and see who he really is.

He was still very much alive.

I'm still deciding whether to kill him and be done with loose ends but I don't have time to clean up the mess I'd leave behind for I was running low on free time. He'll be out cold for at least two hours.

If he knows what's best for him, he will stay away.

Looking at the clock on the bedside table, it read 3:22am

I have to find Korleon and be out by 4am.

Walking out the door, I gave the guard a nod before walking off. Turning around to see his back enter the hallway I run and jump on his back making him fall hard on the marble floor. Smashing his head against the floor, he groaned in pain. Music to my ears.

As I stood up thinking I had knocked him out cold I almost made my way out the door until I heard shuffling behind me.

I was not fast enough to turn as his hand grabbed a fist full of my hair and dragged me down. Trying to get ahold of him he rose me up before smashing into the glass wall beside me. As the shards of glass dropped to the floor, I winced in pain before grabbing his hand from my hair and throwing him over my shoulder onto the shards of glass. His screams echoing in the hallway, noisy fucker.

Quickly crouching beside him I took my knife out from the back of my mask and held it to his neck.

"Oh shut up" Slitting his throat, I looked away. What a mess he could of avoided if he just stayed down.

Play dead at least.

Wiping my knife on his shirt I got to work on my plan to capture Korleon. Walking out the door slowly, checking both left and right on the hallway, I started walking, checking my behind every so often. Taking a glimpse at the camera above me before going downstairs, I smiled.

They'll be looking back at the footage after I'm done here.

Hearing the slow beat of the club's music I fixed my mask and got rid of the knife by shoving it in a plant pot.

Entering the VIP waiting room, I grabbed the pin and needle I hid in between the cushions. This was my backup in case something went wrong.

Sneaking back out, the thumping of the music now blared as I walked from within the backstage curtain. Scanning the dance floor and booths I swore under my breath. Korleon's Security has swarmed the club but he is nowhere to be seen.

Dragging myself to the bar to look normal, I order a drink and look at my watch.

3:28

...

3:29

Sipping my drink I stare into abiss

3:30

Voices and slow music fading as I zone out

(6 years ago)
Running onto a main road, drenched and covered in sand, my mouth is extremely dry. Quenching my thirst was the hardest as the salty turned metallic taste in my mouth made me unable to even make the slightest noise without it tearing my windpipe.

He did this.

And what for? To leave me to die afterwards in a burning building. Where was Kelly? What about mom and dad?

I nearly drowned.

Hearing the roar of an engine in the distance frightened me but it was my best chance of getting help.