* XV *

My eyelids fell heavy as I chocked out the salty water from my throat. Sand grazing the side of my face as I tried moving from my side on my back. The waves cooling off my aching muscles which burned from the sun.

Surprisingly life had chosen for me to live however my wish to be dead was unheard during my prayers as I lay almost lifeless on the sand.

6 years later

The ding of the elevator doors took me out my trance as I peered up seeing I'd reached level 6.  Stepping out, the smell of liquor and cigarettes filled my nostrils.  Bodies grinding against each other for the male gaze still made my  stomach turn with dissatisfaction. 

'Aero' wasn't just any club. Especially this level of the underground empire. 

Walking through the the bodies into the backstage of the main performance area on this level I thought of my plan.

In the two months I've been here, I've understood the ins and outs of the underworld. Powerful men stepping into their own bliss to take care of business in a more enjoyable way. With prostitutes left and right I couldn't imagine these men anywhere else.

What can I say, trafficking was booming for these businessmen.

Kelly subtly comes to mind. Even after 6 years of trying to find her and what happened I have not come across one trace of evidence that she even existed. I thought I was imagining that she was even alive but someone got rid of her and I don't know who to point a finger at.

Taking out my bag, I prepared the skimpy outfit I was going to be dancing in tonight and set the black heels beside it. Running my hand down the lace which would barely cover my ass I see the shiny glint of my knife I'd be slicing my targets throat with. 7 long months of waiting for my target to come out of hiding and he was going to be here tonight, watching me dance.

Powerful men have an image to uphold. There business being their high and downfall to there own life's and others. Projecting fear in any persons that get in their way of their precious drug cartels, trafficking rings and mass firearm distributions. That was the big business coursing through the underground.

However holding them to such a high standard and finding their weakness, you can't help but laugh when it's in fact the one thing they underestimate, is what seems to be the downfall of their reign.

A woman. 

Seducing your target in means to kill them screams rookie behaviour, but it's turned it's tables throughout time. Still till this day nobody expects such "fragile womens" to uphold such capabilities and vicious combat skills.

That mindset in itself is weak, and it is only found in the minds of men.

My mission is going  after Korleon Calis, thirty-four years of age, six foot-one and part of the Golden Triangle known for drug trafficking coke and co producing chemicals of methamphetamine. The whispers around brothels and underground bars led me to the rumours that he assembles his empire through this very club. A haven underground where he would be most protected, in which he is. Security is maximised in his presence as he has too much to lose. He's afraid of his own shadow which he's formulated, and now lives, sleeps and probably even dreams of his international ring.

Putting his dirty business aside I need a name from him, a name which can only be rolled off his tongue. Unfortunately for him that will cost him his life that he so dearly keeps intact by coming out once every 6 months to meet with his business partner who is also his brother to discuss shipments that will be crossing the Mexican border five days from now. Turning my attention to the girls who walked in, I take that as my cue to change and get ready for going on stage for tonight's last performances.