Prologue

(2/14/2007)

The little blonde boy widened his eyes looking at the family unpacking their stuff. He turned to look at his mother, inside making some food. "Mom! Did you see the new family moving here?" He called out. "Yeah, I saw them. They look like nice people." His mom responded. "Do you think they have a son?" The little boy asked. "Why don't you go and ask them yourself? You can give them some of the cookies I made too." The tall woman said smiling.

 He shook his head and tried to rush inside to put on some clothes other than his green pajamas but his mom interrupted. "Is your feet clean?" She said looking at his feet covered in dirt from the backyard. "I told you not to walk in the backyard barefoot. I will get you some slippers." She said, started walking through the hallway. The little boy watched his mom while waiting.

***

The blonde little boy took an unsure step to the white home. He knocked on the door hesitantly. It looked like they just finished moving the boxes inside.

After a few seconds, a woman with long, brown hair opened the door. She saw two green eyes looking at her. "Oh hey, there little one." She smiled. She had a noticeable British accent.

 "Hi miss, are you moving here?" He asked with curiosity. "Yes, indeed." the British woman replied. "I live in the back of your house. My mom sent you these cookies." Big, green eyes trying to peek inside to see if there is a child. "Oh, how sweet." She said while getting the plate full of cookies from the little hands holding them. "Give your mom my thanks.". The blonde boy shook his head. 

"How old are you?" She asked. "I am 7.5." He said confidently. "Oh, how neat. I have a son just around your age. He is 10." The little boy's eyes widened happily as the woman said. "George!" She shouted. "I am unpacking my stuff you don't have to repeat!" Another voice with a British accent came from inside. "Just come here for a minute." Footsteps started echoing in the hallway. Big, green eyes met with the brown ones. A boy who was slightly taller than the blond boy appeared. He had brown, short hair and sparkly, dark brown eyes. He was looking like his mom so much.

 "This is my son, George." The woman said looking at his son with proud eyes. "I will put these cookies somewhere. You two get along." She said and headed to the hallway. "So what's your name?" The older boy asked curiously. "I'm Clay."