Episode 22

(Quick note: This episode is in George's POV.)

(09/22/2019)

"I love you too, George." George prayed to not hear him say 'as a friend'.

"But I'm not ready to jump into a new relationship so soon. Especially after what I had to go through last time. You can't expect me to forget about it all." That was an outcome that George couldn't think about before confessing to him. It made him feel so thoughtless.

"I get it. I'm sorry that I didn't think of this. I put you in a tight spot. We can forget about it if you want to." George genuinely felt bad.

"This feels like a Deja Vu doesn't it?" Dream let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. It's just like how you confessed to me and how you told us to forget about all of it after I turned you down." George wondered if it was karma.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry I turned you down."

"You don't have to feel sorry because you didn't saw me as I did for you back then. Just like I don't because I don't want a new relationship right now too." It sounded a bit arrogant but he was right. Neither of them should have felt bad because of this.

"You're right."

"But when?" Dream asked which confused George.

"Huh?"

"Since when did you like me?"

"After you told us you've got a girlfriend, I realized it."

"So you liked me before that but didn't realize it?"

"You can be sure I would have accepted your feelings if I wasn't an idiot all this time." George let out a quiet laugh.

"I see." Dream laughed with George.

"But what about your ex-girlfriend? Did you ever love her?"

"It was more of friendly love. I didn't feel sexual attraction to her. But I still cared about her. That's why I still felt bad after we broke up. It's hard to cut ties with someone." Dream explained.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm asking too much. You don't have to explain it to me." George noticed that he was pushing him when he didn't even agree to date.

"I don't have to. But it's relieving to share it with someone." George could hear Dream smile.

"So we turn to normal now?"

"Until I feel ready to commit a relationship."