Episode 7

(07/09/2013)

I have to pull everything together today.

Clay inhaled. There was a lot to do. He needed to fix the situation he put himself in.

"I should call Nick first." Clay mumbled to himself. He dialed Nick's number wishing he would pick up. Luckily, he did.

"Hello?" Nick said.

"Hi, Nick." Clay said with a happy voice to make it less awkward.

"Yeah, hi." Nick said with a moody tone.

"I just wanted to tell you that...I'm sorry. I was being so selfish. I wasn't considering your feelings at all. And I know you don't want to be in the middle of something like this, so I won't bring this up ever again. I will fix things up with George too." He's been waiting to say that all day.

Nick stood silent for a few minutes. "You were such a dick."

"I know. I'm so sorry." Clay said.

"Well, You're lucky you have a friend like me. I'll forgive you if you buy me some chips and chocolate. We're best friends after all." Nick said with his moody tone turning into a happier one.

"Of course, thank you, dude. I need to talk to George now. I'll call you later. Bye."

"Yeah, good luck. Just don't forget the chips and chocolate. Bye." Nick said.

Clay hung up the phone. He was sure Nick wasn't all back to normal with this but Clay couldn't expect everything to turn out perfect. Now he had to call George, which was the hardest part. But he had to do it to clean up the mess he made. He dialed George's number with hesitancy kicking in. After a few beeps, George picked up the phone.

"Hi!" God, I should have waited a bit after he picked up. Clay thought.

"Hey..." George said with a bifurcated voice. Was he crying? No. He probably just didn't sleep early so he is still sleepy.

"I need to talk to you. Please just listen for 5 minutes." Clay begged.

"I'm listening."

"I didn't mean anything I said yesterday. I'm sorry about that. I see you as nothing more than a friend. I guess I got my feelings mixed. But now that I think about it I don't want to be involved in anything romantically with you. Thank you for how you handled the situation yesterday. Please forget about it." Clay hated to lie to George, but he had no other choice. If he didn't say these things their friendship would be ruined.

"Oh." They both got silent after this. Then George decided to break the silence.

"It's okay. Let's just not talk about it anymore."

 Even tho that was the answer Clay wanted, he still felt his heart shatter into pieces.

"Yeah, don't worry about that. Like I said it was just a misunderstanding. It will never happen again."

"Okay, I'll hang up now. Talk to you soon." George said. It was like he was in a hurry.

"Bye."

George hung up the phone. It was over. Nothing went wrong. So why? Why was he so sad. Why did he feel like crying? Why did he feel like crying until he runs out of tears?