The Article

Who is Brenton Thwaites?

Many people wonder who this new Aussie in town is. Other than staring in the Australian series, Slide, Brenton Thwaites has been in Blue Lagoon and guest stared in Disney's newest movie; Maleficent.

Brenton Thwaites is currently working on The Giver. People say they want to get to know him. They want to know who he "really" is but that's not what they mean. They don't care who he truly is because asking that is like asking who he was before his name went up in lights.

People want to know who he is as an actor. I've sat down with many actors and there seems to be a common characteristic between all of them- they all love what they do. But, they never say why they do what they do. I had the chance to sit down with our rising star but this was not a normal interview.

First, I was greeted by a fluster actor. After composing himself, he became the gentlemen that everyone expects him to be. When asked about his career, he decided to tell a joke instead. Some may get annoyed by this but I found it rather entertaining. It shows that this Aussie is funny on and off the screen.

This fun-loving actor is more than what he seems. There is someone beyond the costumes and characters. Our interview may not have gone as planned, but I learned more than I would've have if he had actually answered my bland questions.

This prince charming doesn't charm girls of every nationality but he also helps kids in need. Brenton Thwaites is a man of charity work. When this teenage heart throb isn't signing autographs, saying memorized lines or posing for pictures he spends his time at the local orphanage. He makes kids laugh no matter how crazy his schedule.

Who knew that this boy even had any extra time on his hands. But what really intregues me is that he doesn't spend his free time playing video games like many other known actors, he spends it making kids time worth it.

This Aussie is sweet on the stage and behind the scenes. What should we expect from our new Jonas? Hopefully he won't change for anyone.