Fight For Me

As I ran, the rain seemed to get harder. When I finally got to my apartment, I ran up the stairs, threw the door open, closed it with a slam and locked it. With my back to the door, I slide down crying.

How could he lie to me? Does he not think I could handle some little guys with big cameras? I'm a big girl. I can handle myself.

My phone rang in my pocket making me jump. When I looked at the caller ID I cried harder. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't have the strength to even think about what just happened let alone talk about it. I threw my phone across the room not caring if it cracked. It would just match my heart.

With a big sigh, I finally picked myself up off the floor and changed into my favorite spanks and a sweatshirt.

I went to grab my favorite sweatshirt but cried when I picked up Brenton's favorite sweatshirt. I tossed it back before picking out a different one.

I crawled into bed with a big glass of soda and a big box of Oreos. I could hear my phone going off as I watched White Chicks but I let it ring. I fell asleep to the sound of my ringtone.

The next morning I felt like crap. I sat up and looked at my tv. Some Australian tv show was playing. I went to change it but stopped when a certain boy walked on screen.

"Brenton" I gasped out. I quickly shut it off as I shook off any confusing feeling I had. I hopped into the shower with my music blasting. I got out, dried off and got right back into my shorts and sweatshirt. Don't judge.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I made my way to the door and looked through the peephole. I tried to make my voice sound strong. "I don't want to talk to you!"

"Please let me explain!"

"There is nothing to explain, Brenton!" I screamed with tears falling once again.

"Please. I was wrong. I shouldn't have kept my other life from you." I rolled my eyes.

"You think?! I thought you trusted me." I cried putting my forehead against the door.

"I do! I didn't want the paparazzi to know about you!" There was an awkward pause. "No! Nonononono. That's not what I meant!"

"Just go away!" I cried. I waited until I heard a sigh of defeat and retreating footsteps. "Fight for me." I whispered sliding down the door. I pulled my knees into my chest and rested my forehead on my knees.

I finally got up and decided to actually get dressed, hoping it would make me feel better.

It didn't.

I put on a sunflower dress that went past my knees and a white cardigan. I looked good but I didn't feel like it.

Suddenly my phone began to ring. Letting out a frustrated grunt I decided to pick it up. "What do you want?! Wanna say anything else about how much I embarrass you?!"

"That's not what I meant! I'm not embarrassed by you. I lo....." He stopped. Was he about to say love?

"Will you please come outside?" He asked quieter.

I looked outside to see it still raining. "It's pouring." I sighed.

"Please," he pleaded. I sighed.

"Just give me a second." I hung up the phone then slipped on my gold sandals.  I decided to leave my phone in my apartment.

The whole way down to the lobby, I couldn't decide if I wanted to see him or turn around and go back to sleep. The right thing to do would be to hear him out but the broken heart girl thing to do is to run upstairs, grab every fattening treat and put in the Notebook. I sighed as the elevator doors opened. When I turned towards the entrance, I stopped in my tracks.

There he was, right outside the courtyard in the pouring rain. Awestruck I walked to the doors where I would stay dry.

It took me a minute to form words. "You're gonna catch a cold." He laughed.

"You're worth it." I looked down at my shoes as a blush crept up onto my cheeks. "Listen, I know I lied to you. But I did it because I thought I was protecting you when in reality you don't need protection. And I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry." He reached behind him and pulled out a bouquet of red roses. My hand went to my mouth in shock.

"I love you." Crying I ran out and jumped into his arms. We stood there in the rain, in each other's arms and nothing would've felt better.

When we pulled away, I looked at his drenched face and smiled. I pushed a strand of his hair out of his face and smiled. "I love you too." He pulled me into him and kissed me. This was a kiss I would cherish forever.

Along with the cold we both had for the next week and a half.