The Model

"That's it, Brenton! Perfect!" Said Mr. Jobber, Hollywood's biggest photographer. I held back laughter as Mr. J danced around the poor actor.

Mr. J stood on a chair to get a better picture but danced around too much. He went crashing to the floor. Crew husked and bustled around him.

Brenton was the only one laughing. Hard. As I watched him laugh I started to chuckle but quickly covered it up with a cough. Brenton was watching me the whole time making me blushed.

I turned back to my fallen boss as people helped him stand up. "It's okay to laugh, you know." I jumped as Brenton whispered in my ear. It caused me to drop my camera bag I was holding.

I gasped as Brenton caught my camera. "Careful. It's expensive." I laughed nervously.

"Thanks." He handed me my camera back and for a second our hands touched. He smiled.

"Oh my goodness." Laughed Mr. J. "I should probably take a break. Intern!"

I sighed as I turned away from the teenage heartthrob. "Yes sir?"

"Who don't you finish up?" He then walked away, not letting me answer.

"Wwwhat??" I gasped. I started to freak out.

"Don't worry, intern. You'll go great. Plus I have to do all the work, you just snap away on your pretty little camera." Brenton smiled. I slowly started to calm down.

After a few fail attempts, I finally got the hang of it. We turned up the music and had a blast. Everyone was laughing and dancing along to the music. The whole environment felt completely different.

A good different.

"So, I want to do one last shot." I whispered something into the ear of my (or Mr. J's) assistant. He laughed before running off. When he came back, ha had a bowl of water in his hands.

I looked at Brenton to see him raising an eyebrow, laughing. "Am I going to like this picture Miss Intern?" I chuckled.

"Probably not." I shrugged. Several people laughed. Brenton soon joined in.

"Okay okay. Let's take this pic so we can go home!" I clapped my hands as everyone agreed.

I placed the bowl on a table in front of Brenton. "This is what you're gonna do. You're gonna take a handful of water and splash it on your face." The crew laughed as Brenton chuckled jokingly looking at me like I was crazy.

"Don't worry," I patted his shoulder. "Steve will be right behind me with a towel for you." We chuckled as we took our positions.

Steve gave me a water bottle and took it when I was done. "Let's do this!" I winked causing him and I to laugh.

I got my camera ready as Brenton prepared himself. He laughed before he started.

I snapped away as the put his hands in the bowl, took a deep breathe, and threw the water on his face.

People behind him jumped back. We were all laughing as he dried off his face. "See! That wouldn't have worked if you were a girl!" We laughed harder as I walked over to the computer. I plugged in my camera and waited for the pictures to load.

"Here ya go!" Steve handed me a much needed Diet Coke.

"Thanks!" I chuckled.

I took a sip as an almost dried off Brenton walked up. "How'd they turn out?"

"Why don't you take a look?" I asked stepping aside so he can see. As he scrolled through, I couldn't help but feel good.

"These look awesome!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down like a five year old causing me to laugh.

"I'm glad you like them. It means a lot." I looked at him with a smile. He looked back with the same smile.

"Who told you to finish my session?!?" We jumped as Mr. J barged into the room. Everyone stopped talking and froze.

"You!!" He pointed at me. My eyes widened as he came towards me.

As he approached, Brenton stepped in his way. "Move Mr. Thwaites!" He screamed.

"No." He folded his arms. Everyone gaped at him with open mouths. No one speaks against Mr. Jobber. "You can't yell at her. It's not her fault you came to work drunk." The room was full of gasps. "You should be on your knees thanking her! She took your spot and took way better pictures than you ever could have!"

"But I'm a professional! She's just an intern!" He screamed causing me to shrink behind Brenton.

He grabbed my hand as he said, "No. You're wrong. And you're fired."

The room was dead quiet. "You. Can't. Fire. Me!"

"Yes I can. And I just did."

"Well," he started laughing like a maniac. "Who's gonna take my place?"

"The intern." It was quiet until Steve started to applaud. Everyone soon joined in.

"So?" Brenton asked. "Will you be my photographer?"

How could I say no to Brenton Thwaites??