Valentine's Day Surprise

It was one of those days. Everything was going wrong.

In the middle of my flusteredness, my phone went off. On the verge of tears I answered. "Hello?"

"What's wrong? Who hurt you?" I almost laughed at my worried best friend.

"Nothing is wrong, Brenton. I'm fine." I said not very convincingly.

"I know you're lying. What's wrong?" The worry in his voice made me smile. Well a little.

I sighed, defeated. "It's just been one of those days, you know? Everything has gone wrong since I woke up. To make it worse there are hearts and cupids everywhere. Plus freaking Tyler won't stop calling me!" The tears began to flow much to my dismay.

"How about I take you to dinner?"

"What?" I was caught off guard by my best friend's comment.

"Yeah. You. Me. Dinner. Tonight." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Ummm.... It's Valentine's Day..." I croaked out.

"I know. I'll pick you up at 7:00."

"I.... That's the time I get off work and I'm not dressed nicely." I looked down to see my white shirt with pink hearts, black leather jacket, black jeans and my pink lace toms.

"That's okay. Jeans are perfect."

"Okay then I'll see you later."

"See you at seven." I hung up the phone with a small smile on my face.

"Well well. It is true. She can smile!" I looked up to see my coworker smiling at me.

"Hi Veronica."

"Who?"

"What?"

"Who is behind the sun coming out on your face today?" I just stared at her. She sighed. "You have been the grime reaper all day and now all of a sudden you're little Miss Sunshine? Who?"

"Brenton called. He's taking me out tonight." I smiled.

"You and your best friend since you were like 6 are going out? On Valentine's Day?" She giggled.

I turned my head to hide the red forming on my cheeks. "Oh. My. Gosh. You're blushing!! You totally like him!!"

"Well.... I've known him for like ever but...."

"No buts!!" We both laughed.

Seven could not come faster. Before I left, I ran to the bathroom to fix my hair and to make sure I like somewhat presentable.

"This is just going to have to do," I sighed.

"You look great to me." I jumped as the male voice echoed through the women's restroom.

"Tyler?? What in heaven's name are you doing 1.) at my work and 2.) in the women's restroom??" I practically yelled.

He chucked. "To see you, bunny." He walked towards me the same time I took a step back.

"Leave me alone Tyler...." I said hesitantly.

"I just want to talk." He said grabbing my arm roughly. I cried out in pain.

"I believe my friend told you to go away!" I smirked as I saw Veronica standing by the door.

He laughed but for a different reason. "Stay out of this whore. It doesn't concern you!"

"It kind of does." I didn't expect what came next.

She punched him. Hard.

"Come one, sweetie. Let's get you ready."