The Baseball Player

"Strike Three! You're out!!"

"Ugh! Come on Jas!" I whisper/yelled towards my twin brother.

"Morinson!! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Yelled Jas' coach.

"I was wondering the same thing coach." I laughed. The coach turned around and gave me a laughing nod.

"Yo!! Jay! Why don't you come teach your brother how to swing a bat?" Coach Anderson joked.

Jason and I are twins. He plays baseball, I play basketball if anyone asked we could switch places on the diamond or the court. I was currently sitting watching our team get their butts kicked in a scrimmage against another school. It was our team the Lions vs the Aggies.

"Hell, I can take his place!" I joked back. The boys teased my brother while the other team just sat there confused.

"That's against the rules sweetheart!" The pitcher for the Aggies laughed. I raised my sunglasses as I looked at the red shirted pitcher with brown hair. His team laughed as our team looked scared.

"Oh really? I could take your place too pretty boy. And I'd do a better job!" His team laughed.

"She's not kidding!" Laughed/warned Coach.

"Trust me. If she pitches, no one hits the ball!" Laughed my brother. I smirked in response.

"I'd like to see her try!" Challenge accepted. I walked onto the field making sure to swing my hips a little extra. I heard a few hoot and hollers from the other team. Our team looked at each other nervous.

I took the helmet off my brothers head and put it on mine. He handed me the bat laughing. "Go get em sis." I winked in response.

"I'm not going to be nice." Sneered pretty boy.

I just laughed. "I won't be either, 25." He practically growled as I said his number. He threw a curve ball and I easily hit it clear past second plate. His next throw was still a curve ball but faster. This one went right towards him. He had to jump to dodge it. Our team laughed as I did a little curtsy.

25 wound up and threw the ball right at my head. Smirking I swung the bat. There was a loud crack as the bat made contact with the ball. The ball flew over everyone's head and over the gate. Homerun.

I took off the helmet and took a bow. When I stood up, I ran my hand through my hair and winked at a very angry 25.

"Wanna see how hard I can throw?" I taunted. He threw the ball at me hard which I caught with one hand and no glove. The other team gaped as I switched places with their pitcher.

The first throw was soft meaning he hit it clear over to left field. The Aggies cheered on their teammate. I just chuckled.

The next throw was harder. Much harder. He missed it. "Strike one!" Chuckled Coach.

The third throw was just as hard as the second. He missed it. Again. "Strike two!" The Lions were clutching their stomaches laughing.

The last throw was the same as the others. This one he got a piece of. "HA!"

No one was prepared for what happened next. The ball he got a piece of, came back like a boomerang.

"Jamie!!!" My brother ran towards me. He knelt down and out my head in his lap. "Come on Jay. Please don't do this to me." The teams ran towards my brother and I.

"Aron call an ambulance. Now!" He screamed. Someone on my brother's team ran to get his phone.

"There's no need." I sat up.

"Hang on there Jay." Jason gently made me lay back down.

"Jas, I'm fine." I groaned.

"No you aren't, Jay. Shut up." I chuckled but groaned.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to...." 25 came running up.

"Get away from my sister!!" Jas yelled.

"Jason, calm down. It was an accident." I tried to calm him down. He held on to me tighter.

"I promise. It was an accident, man." He said with true regret in his eyes.

"It's okay," I smiled. We heard the siren from down the street. Next thing I knew, I was surrounded my medical people.

"Wait," I said before they put my in the back of the ambulance. "Guys, this was an accident. Don't be mad at 25." I nodded as they put the gurney in the truck.

--------one week later----------

"How you feeling Jay?" My brother knocked on my door.

"Better." I said sitting up.

"Good because there are some people here to see you." Oh no.

"Hey!!!!" I groaned. Both teams were now in my room. I glared at my brother.

"I'm going to kill you, Jason." The boys laughed.

"They wanted to see you. I tried to talk them out of it." Jason out his hands up in surrender.

I chuckled. "Dang, you got one clean room!!" Laughed Aron. I chuckled as the boys nodded.

"Anyway, we wanted to know if you wanted to go get pizza?" Asked my brother.

"Please!!! I am so sick of chicken soup!" I said throwing off my covers. The boys froze as I got out of bed. I looked down to see I was in spanks and a tank top. "Wooowwwwww. Really guys? If you're gonna check me out. At least try to be more discreet." My brother hit some of the guys on the head as I closed the bathroom door, laughing.

After I had showered I put on my white high waisted shorts and my sunflower print tank top. As I slipped on my black hightop Converse, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

"Hey." It was 25.

"Hi," I smiled as I leaned down and tied my shoe.

"Listen.....Ummm. I just wanted to say sorry. For hitting the ball at you." He rambled on.

"It's okay." I laughed, cutting him off. He visibly relaxed. "It's not like you did it on purpose. No matter what my brother and his team says, it was an accident and you aren't to blame."

"The whole team blames me?" His face dropped as I nodded. He sighed, "so does my team. My coach suspended me for two games."

"What?!" Screaming hurt my grand but I didn't care. I was too pissed. He nodded in shock. "I'm going to have a talk with your coach!" I said storming out of the room.

"Wait! Jay!" He grabbed my arm as I was in the doorway. I sighed and turned around to face him.

"What" I dead panned.

"Don't. It's okay. Plus the teams we would've played sucked and it gave the other pitcher a chance to play. My suspension is over." His cheeks reddened as he said the next part, "I'm just glad you don't blame me." A smile made its way to my face.

"We should go meet them before my brother picks me up and puts me over his shoulder." He chuckled in agreement. He then followed me down the stairs and out to the cars full of hungry baseball players waiting for us.