The Boy From Across The Room

The bar was practically vibrating from the base of the DJ. My friends and I were dancing like we were drunk-which we weren't.

"Guys! Let's go sit down!" I screamed above the music.

"I'm good!" Said Shannon who was dancing on some guy.

"Of course you are!" Chuckled Abigail. The rest of us left Shannon and went to rest our feet.

"Girl," Courtney turned towards me."You see that guy over there. At the bar?"

I looked over my shoulder to see a guy with brown hair and a jean jacket checking me out. "Creep," I muttered. "What about him?" I said turning back around.

"He has been checking you out this entire time!" Courtney giggled. I rolled my eyes which apparently made me deserve a slap on the arm from Julie.

"Ow!" I whined.

"He's hot!" Abigail giggled like a school girl.

"Ehhhh," I said taking a drink of my lemonade.

Suddenly a waiter came by and handed me a drink. "Umm I didn't order this."

"I know. That guy over there did." He said pointing towards the guy we had just been talking about. I glanced his way to see him smirking at me. I raised my eye brows in response.

"I'll be right back girls." That recieved a round of laughs.

"Get it girl!" Chuckled Courtney.

"I'd tap that," smirked Abigail.

"Don't be gross." I said before picking up my drink and walking towards my admirer.

"You think buying a girl a drink is the way to flirt?" I asked putting the drink on the counter.

"Yep," he said popping the p before taking a sip of his beer.

"Well then, maybe I should buy you a drink." I said sitting next to him. He threw his head back and laughed.

"You've got guts. I like that."

"Thanks." I said grabbing his beer and taking a drink.

"Whoa there! Never take a man's drink." He joked.

"You're a man?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. He stared at me before we both started laughing.

"Indeed I am." He smiled. Can I just say how electrifying his smile is??

"Then what is a big manly man like yourself doing at a club alone?"

His whole attitude changed. "What's wrong?" I asked, putting my hand on his arm.

He let out a defeated sigh that broke my heart. "I found out that...my girlfriend......" He took a shaky breathe. "Shecheatedonmewithmybestfriend." He rushed out. My heart dropped into my stomach. He put his head in his hands. I could feel him shaking next to me.

"I'm so sorry," I said rubbing his back. Dylan's and Brittney's faces flashed in my mind. "I know how it feels." Tears formed but I refused to let them fall.

"How the hell do you know how it feels!" He yelled making me jump. "You have no idea how it feels that two people you care about go behind your back and lie to you! You didn't have the two people in the world that you trusted the most, betrayed you!"

"I have." He froze as the tears fell. I turned away and held my drink in my hands. I could tell he wanted to say something but didn't know what to say. "They were my best friends. I started dating him and I didn't know she liked him too. It was all a bet. He bet his football team that he could sleep with me and her and I wouldn't find out. He lost the bet. I lost my two best friends."

"I am so sorry." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off. "Wow. We are quite the duo. Both of us had people screw us over. We have more in common than I thought." I turned towards him to see him smiling. Not a jerkish smile. Not even a playboy smile. It was a genuine smile. The fact that it was a true smile, made me smile.