The Surfer

"Olivia!!" I groaned putting my book down.

"Alexa!!" I copied her accusing tone.

"Liv!" She sighed sitting next to me. "We are in Malibu, it's a perfect sunny day and you are sitting with clothes on reading a book. What is this anyway?" She ripped it out of my hands, loosing my spot, to look at the cover.

"The Awakening?!? Pfffttt this is boring!" She tossed it back into the sand and pulled me out of my comfy chair.

"Lex!!!" I groaned.

"Come on!!! Liv, we are in MALIBU!!!" She awkwardly crazily gestured to the ocean.

"I can SEE THAT!!!" I copied her crazy arm movements.

"Stop copying me. You're weirding me out." She laughed. I laughed as I looked out onto the ocean. My eyes stopped on a guy waxing his surfboard laughing at me. I rolled my eyes as I bent down and picked up my book.

"No!!" She yelled slapping the book out of my hands.

"Hey!!!" I exclaimed.

"What?" She smiled sweetly. I gave her a look before once again bending down to get my book. I sighed when Alexa but her foot on my book not only stopping me from picking it up but also folding the pages.

"Lex!! You're bending the pages!!!" She laughed as she moved her foot. "You are so cruel!!!!" I said wiping the sand off the cover and fixing the pages.

"Okay okay. Look, I'm sorry. At least come and stand on the edge of the water! What's the point of begging your parents for 3 months to spend 2 weeks in Malibu if you never once get in the water." I hated to admit it but she was right.

"Fine," I sighed as I gently put my book back into my bag. She squealed in delight, grabbed my hand, and ran to the water's edge.

I stood quietly on the edge as I watched Alexa flirt with a group of guys. Yes, a whole group. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the guy from earlier killing it on his surfboard. A faint smile made its way to my lips as he went through a wave tunnel towards me. My breathe caught in my throat just moments before he made it out of the tunnel. As he straightened we made awkward eye contact. We held each other's gaze for s few minutes until.....

"Ohhh!!!" The guys laughed.

"Ouch!! That probably hurt!" Alexa giggled.

The boy was looking at me instead of focusing on surfing which caused him to dip his board. I watched as he broke through the water gasping for air. I looked at him with a worried expression. He just laughed while shrugging his shoulders and swimming to fetch his board.

"Olivia!!" I jumped as I turned around to see Alexa surrounded by the guys from earlier. "Come hang with us!!"

I sighed as I walked out of the water taking one last look at the boy in the water. "I thought you wanted me to be in the water." I mumbled sarcastically.

"I heard that!" I laughed as I joined the group. Everyone was drinking a brown liquid from red cups. "OMQ!!!! Olivia you HAVE to try this!!! It's kinda bitter at first but when you get past the color, the smell, and the taste is it sooooo good."

"Alexa!!! You are underage!!"I yelled grabbing it out of her hands and dumping it out.

"Yo not cool!" Said some guy that was already drunk.

"You know what's not cool? Illegal drinking, dumbass." With that I picked up my bag and shoes and turned on my heel to leave.

"Wait!!! Liv! Come back!!"