The Boy in My Pool

I was watching a movie by myself late one night when I heard a splash come from my backyard. "What the....." I slowly walked towards the back door. I let out a scream when I saw someone pop up to the surface of my pool. My scream made the guy in my pool scream.

"What the... Why are you screaming?? You're the one in my pool!" I yelled.

"I.... ummmm I well....."He stuttered looking over the fence.

"I'm calling the police." I said as I started to go back inside to grab my phone.

"Wait!" I heard him get out of the pool making me freeze.

"Look, I know how weird this looks. There is a logical explanation why I jumped into your pool...... Will you turn around? This is weird."

"I'm sorry if I don't want to turn and see some stranger......naked." He suddenly laughed making me confused.

Not confused enough to turn around.

"You think I'm naked? That I decided to go skinny dipping in your pool? By myself?"

"Well it's not natural for people to randomly jump in other people's pools!" I yelled turning around. I gasped and turned back around.

"Like what you see?" He teased as he walked around and stood in front of me.

"You mean the guy who trespassed into my backyard at 1 am and gave me a heart attack?" I said sarcastically.

"Awww you were worried!" He said playfully putting his hand over his heart making me scoff.

"No," I said with no emotion.

He threw his head back in laughter making me smile. A smile I quickly lost. "I'm Brenton by the way." He waited patiently for me to say my name. I just stood there with my arms crossed.

"Aw come on...." Suddenly he froze. He swore before pushing me into the pool. I resurfaced just in time to see him jump in too.

When he resurfaced I splashed him with water. "What the hell is your problem?!"

"I'm sorry. I just......" Suddenly there was a search helicopter above us. "Shit," I heard him mumble under his breathe.

I shrieked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. "What are you......." I was interrupted when the boy pressed his lips to mine. I couldn't help but kiss him back. Until I realized exactly what I was doing.

I was in my pool.

I was in my pool at 1 am.

I was kissing a guy.

I was kissing a guy I had just met.

I was kissing a guy I had just met in my pool at 1 am.

Not to mention he trespassed.

I pulled apart appalled. At him. But mostly at myself.

"What.... I.... What is wrong with you?!" I pushed him away from me and swam out of the pool.

I shivered as I mumbled colorful words. "Wait!" I heard him call out to me as I continued to walk inside. Suddenly I felt him grab my wrist and spin me around.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for pushing you into the pool and then......kissing you. Just let me explain. There was a helicopter full of people looking for me. People who... Who want to kill me."

"Kill you? What is this? Men In Black?"

"That.... Never mind. They want to kill me because I'm undercover. I'm an undercover agent."