Agent Thwaites

It was a normal day. I was walking back to my apartment after a two hour long biology lecture. To say the least, my brain was fried.

My phone started ringing. "Hello?" I didn't even look at the caller ID. I should have.

"You're dead."

"What?" I started to get nervous.

"Room 301 Belington hall." That was my room. Well crap.

"Who is this?!" I demanded. Silence.

"If you don't answer, I'm going to call the police!" My phone beeped saying I got a text message. It was from the person I was on the phone with. It was a picture. I opened the picture and wanted to scream.

It was of me.

In class. Another one of me at the coffee shop. And the last one of me in the library. "Who are you?!" I yelled into my phone.

I spun around trying to see any evidence of a person watching me. My eyes stopped on a blue Honda parked along the curb. I saw two men inside looking at me.

I started to back away but noticed neither one of them were on a phone. So they couldn't be the ones tormenting me.

"Who is this?"

"Why would I tell you?" I hung up the phone as soon I heard a deep chuckle.

I took a deep breathe but as soon as I was about to turn around and walk away...

"Get down!" Someone pushed me out of the way but not soon enough. I cried out in pain as I clutched my bleeding side.

"Shit." I looked to see the person who saved my life. A boy not much older than me. "McGregor!!" I winced as the boy yelled. A man ran up.

"She's been hit." The boy looked up at the man he called McGregor.

McGregor looked at me before swearing under his breathe. "We need to get her out of here."

McGregor walked to my left side. At the same time they put my arms around their necks. I cried out in pain. A hand gently pressed against my wound causing me to wince.

"Sorry," mumbled the boy.

"Thwaites!" McGregor yelled. "What the hell are you doing to her?!"

"Nothing! I'm trying to stop the bleeding! If we don't, she'll loose a whole lot of blood." McGregor didn't respond.

When we got to the car, McGregor left me to Thwaites as he went around and opened the door. As McGregor left I put my full weight on Thwaites, my shoulder throbbing. "Don't worry," he whispered into my ear. "I got you." Once the car was unlocked, Thwaites gently helped me into the car. "Sit back there with her." My head was spinning.

"What?"

"Come on, Thwaites! Don't be such a girl! Sit back there and make sure she doesn't pass out from....."

"Too late." Everything went dark.

-----------------

"Have you traced the bullet yet?"

"Yes. The problem for us though is that it's untraceable."

"Seriously?!"

"Yep!"

Something went crashing causing me to wake up. "Nice going, dude! You woke her up!" I turned my head to see McGregor smack Thwaites on the back of the head.

"Where am I?" I tried to sit up but cried out in pain.

"Whoa whoa. Relax." McGregor helped me gently sit up.

"What do you remember?" Thwaites asked.

"I was walking back to my apartment after class when I got this..............call." My heart rate started to beat rapidly.
"Oh my gosh."

"Hey, calm down. You're safe." Thwaites grabbed my face in both of his hands making me look at him. "My partner and I? We aren't going to let anything happen to you. We aren't going to let anyone touch you. We were sent to protect you."

"Abigail, we.."

I cut McGregor off, "How do you know my name?"

"Your father." My heart dropped.

"You knew my father?" I looked between the two of them.

"When your father was on the force, him and I were partners before the shooting."

"That's why you volunteered to take this case." I said slowly.

"That may be why he did, but that's not why I did." Thwaites shrugged. I looked at him confused causing him to chuckle and continue. "I volunteered not because I knew your dad or because I got dragged into it with my bonehead partner. I did it because what those men had planned, made me sick. It...... It's the same thing they did to my sister."

I saw McGregor leave but turned my attention back to Thwaites. "Was it..... Did they...." I couldn't get my question out. I didn't need to because he knew what I meant.

"They kidnapped her. It took the police 4 weeks to find her. And when they did, it was too late. He abused her and rapped her. I wasn't going to let that happen to anyone else. So I joined the force and when I heard this guy was going after another girl I stepped up and volunteered. So trust me when I say I'm not going to let him touch you, Abigail."

"So what now?" I asked. The two looked at me like I was crazy.

"Well, we would have a lead with the bullet that they shot at you but it's untraceable." McGregor sighed in defeat.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. It's a very commonly used bullet that fits in almost every gun." Thwaites said leaning against the wall.

"Can I take a look?" I asked, slowly sliding off the table. The men tried to catch me but I shook them off.

"Um sure," McGregor dragged out. "It should be still in the lab."

I nodded as I fully stood up. "Umm..." Thwaites started.

"What?" I turned around.

"Maybe we should bring it to you," he looked at his partner nervously.

"I'm fine." I started walking towards the door but waited for them to follow. McGregor shrugged before leading the way.

Once we got to the lab I took the bullet and ran several test on it. "Nothing," I sighed.

"Told you." Thwaites mumbled.

"Hang on," I said more to myself than to them. I went to the sink and cleaned off what was left of my blood with a smile.

"What?" McGregor jumped out of his seat and jogged over.

"This engraving. 1987."

"Yeah, that's the date it was made." Thwaites shrugged joining us.

"Yes but look at the way it's engraved." They looked at me in question. I sighed, "No American bullet company uses this kind of script. This is no ordinary billet. It's a 1987 Rocavich Russian Bullet. How many Russian gunman groups do you have on your wanted list?"

"Only one," McGregor laughed taking the bullet from me.

"Exactly." I said sitting down, crossing my arms over my chest.

"That is incredible," Thwaites mumbled.

"I guess we have our lead," McGregor laughed tossing the bullet and catching it.

"Ever think about joining the force?"

Coming soon!
By request, I have started to write more on the imagine "My Father's Keeper" so keep an eye out for it!! If there are any other stories you'd like me to write a full book on just let me know! Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments!! Keep them coming!!