The one with the Hufflepuff

We all go to bed and I lay in bed thinking. In the morning it would be halloween and at dinner we would find out who would be competing in the tournament. I know that the odds will be small but I want to be in this competition, and I can't figure out why. I mean I should be scared but I am not.

In the morning I got up and put on my robes over a pair of jeans and my button up and vest. I brush my hair and teeth before going down into Great Hall. I find draco and Pansy talking at the Slytherin table and I wanted to talk to Harry so I walk to the Gryffindor table and sit down next to Neville.

"Happy Halloween, everyone" I say getting their attention

"Finally, we need your help" Hermione says

"Spill the tea" I say

"I had a dream that someone put my name into the goblet and we don't know who to think" Harry says as the twins and Ginny sit down.

As he says that I feel my face turning red.

"I may have asked someone to put our names in" I say nervously

Everyone looks at me shocked. Harry looks mad.

"Why?" He asks

"I didn't have a choice" I say

"No that's not good enough" He says

"I didn't have a choice, Harry. If I didn't do it you'd be facing something dangerous on your own and Cedric would die. But I am trying to stop this and save all of you" I shout at him

"Enough Miss Potter" McGonagall says from the teachers table in the front

I look at her and she points to my hair and then to the Slytherin table. I huff and walk back to my table and sit down next to Marcus Flint. Ever since Malfoy and I split he tries to flirt with me and no matter how many times i tell him to shove off he keeps trying.

"Ready for the game today?" He asks

"Yeah, we play Hufflepuff. Right?" I ask in response

"You play Diggory. Focus on that" Cassius tells me

I nod and take a sip of apple juice and going over the play in my head again. I sit there until Dumbledore dismisses the quidditch players for the game. I get up and walk down to the quidditch field to the locker room and change. When I am dressed I go to the Slytherin pitch and wait for my team. The boys come in whispering to each other.

"Potter" Flint says smiling suspiciously

"Yeah?" I ask

"Your going to distract Diggory" Cassius tells me

"Excuse me?" I ask in disbelief.

Everyone rolls their eyes, annoyed.

"You can flirt with him, kiss him, take your shirt off. I dont care just distract him so we can score" cassius says.

I walk over to him and grab him by the collar.

"First of all I AM NOT A TOY, I won't go around seducing whoever you want me to" I say as he tries to back up so I can't hit him

"Second of all distracting the keeper isn't my job, I'm a seeker not a chaser" I shout hitting him in the chest

"And lastly I don't know if you remember me saying 'We're Not cheaters". We need to win FAIR AND SQUARE, and I'm not stooping to Flints level" I yell before taking a step back. The whole locker room looked at me surprised. I wait for him to regained his composure.

"I-Well-Um let's go out there and win" He says looking at me. "Fair and square" he adds quickly

"Go Slytherin" I mumble walking out to the field and mounting my broom. 

I fly up in the air and hover above everyone else. I watch as Diggory flys up next to me.

"Can we have that talk now?" Cedric asks as I look for the Snitch

"You want the bad or good news first?" I ask in response

"Bad" He answers

"Bad news is you die, in the final task of the tournament. The good news is I am going to do everything in my power to stop that from happening" I say as Slytherin scores ten points again.

"Elissabeth Potter, Quit flirting with Diggory and catch the snitch" Lee Jordan says into the microphone

"Shut up Lee" I yell at him as I see the snitch flying near the stands.

I fly after it as Hufflepuff scores another ten points. I see Cedric close behind me but I speed up and reach for it but miss as it flies down towards the ground.

Cedric flies after me but I Stand up on my broom and reach my hand out to grab it. I feel the metal in my hand and I I close my fist as I fall off my broom.

"Potter caught the snitch. A hundred and fifty points to Slytherin. Slytherin wins the game" Lee shouts.

Everyone cheers and I smile in triumph. I walk over to Cedric and he shakes my hand smiling. I pull him into a hug and whisper in his ear, "Meet me in the library after lunch, I can explain things better there"

He pulls back and looks at me I smile and let go walking to the rest of my team. I jump on Cassius' back and we all cheer and laugh in victory. I jump down and walk into the girls locker room to change. Hermione, Ginny and Angelina are sitting on the bench waiting for me. They all ask me a bunch of questions as I change back into my Jeans and vest.

"Look I don't know what you want me to say. I just know that something bad is going to happen and I want to try and stop it" I say walking out with them following behind me.

"We want to know why and how you got someone to put your names in the cup" Angelina says

"I just asked nicely. Professor moody was nice and didn't ask any questions he just took it and put it in the cup" I say as we walk into the castle.

I see cedric in the middle courtyard with his friends, he sees me and waves I smile and walk towards him

"Where are you going?" Ginny asks

"To talk to Cedric. See you at dinner" I tell them as I walk away towards Cedric.

He sees me coming towards him and he meets me half way.

"Good Game" He says smiling as we walk to the library

"Thanks, you too. I had fun" I say as we walk in and find a secluded spot to sit down and talk

Cedric finds us a small table close to close to the restricted section and I sit down across from him. He waits for me to say something and when I don't He does.

"So how did you know that I die?" He asks

"Cedric I need you to listen very carefully. I know you have a lot of questions but I need you to just listen" I tell him.

He gets a little more comfortable and nods.

"I don't know why but I can see the next few years. I can see what happens to you, to me, to Harry, everyone. I know what losing someone feels like and I don't want to put your dad through that so I am going to do anything I can to stop you from dying. To stop everyone" I say grabbing his hand to show him what I saw.

I show him the tournament and his death, I show him mister Weasleys attack at the ministry and the battle in the ministry, I show him Dumbledore's death and the Battle of Hogwarts. He sees everyone we know die. He pulls his hand back and takes a deep breath.