Being a 'Hero'

"Mira, why don't you talk to me?" Said the older lady, her light brown hair graying around the edges. I just stared at her, my eyes cold, my mouth stuck in a straight line. "Don't you think you'd feel better if you talked to me about how you feel?"

I turned from her to look at the white room, the white furniture, down to where my small hands and arms were covered by a thick cloth, white, unable to move. I looked up to the older lady and activated my Blood Quirk, feeling my canines elongate. It used to be painful, but after using it so much I've gotten used to the pain. 

I tried to bite into my arms but the cloth was too thick. The older lady sighed and pressed a button, my skin tingling painfully, my Quirks deactivating.

"I don't want to talk." My voice came out childish and scared and heartbroken. "I just want my mom." I covered my face with my knees and the older lady started talking to me again. But all I could think of was going to meet my mother.

******************

I woke up too early this morning. With nothing better to do, and wanting to avoid a confrontation with hot-head, I walked to UA. As I entered the empty class I went to my seat, number 18.

Moving to my seat, I sit down and prop my bag under the chair. I take my phone out, finding Yuuko's number, dialing. I wait a bit for her to answer. She did.

"What's up?" I lightened up a bit hearing her light voice.

"How's life going?" I ask.

"Honestly, I wished you didn't give me the company. These fucking board members are driving me crazy," Yuuko groaned into the phone. "But, how is the house? You moved in at the worst possible time."

"It's a good house. But I was lucky, I didn't have to do anything yesterday," I said, quickly going over the first day.

Classmates started to filter in. I decided to move to the hallway. As I left the class, I noticed Shoto. We nodded at each other. I moved to the glass window.

"How about boxes? How much have you unpacked? And anyone cute in class?" Of course, Yuuko thinks about my possible soulmate options.

I sighed. "Shoto also got in on recommendations and he's in my class. He came over yesterday and we caught up, helping me unpack."

"Shoto! I haven't seen him in forever! How does he look?" Yuuko said in an excited voice.

"Well, he's taller. A bit more muscle. A bit colder. And more hands-" I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see the green-haired guy - the one that mumbles. "I'll talk to you later. Bye." I hung up.

"H-hi. I-i'm Izuku Midoriya." Midoriya stuttered, scratching the back of his neck, looking shy.

"I'm Mira Kazama," I responded. I was a nice person- I just can't express that through my face. "What can I do for you?" I ask, stuffing my phone into my pockets.

"W-well, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind explaining your Quirk to me?" Midoriya asked, becoming more sure of himself as he asked. I looked him over - messy, green hair, wide green eyes, freckles. He was just slightly taller than me. 

"Are you really interested in my Quirk?" I asked.

He shook his head fervently. "I never met such a strong Air Quirk - what you did yesterday was amazing!" I heard a scoff and moved my eyes to see hot-head, overhearing Midoriya, walking into the class. I wanted to sneer so bad.

"I guess I can explain.  But how about later, class is about to start?" I ask, noticing Aizawa and Present Mic walking down the hall.

Midoriya followed my eyesight, jumping a bit. "Alright! Let's talk at lunch!"