Mira vs...

I sat, hidden under the stairs somewhere in the arena. After I stormed off, I just aimlessly walked through the halls until I decided to find a quick place to sit and be alone. Now I was in the corner of where the back of the stairs and the wall met, hidden by the shadows. People walked by, but I was unseen, unheard as I didn't make a noise. 

I thought I stopped breathing, how quiet I was. But all that was happening was me thinking over things.

I wonder whose all watching? Of course heroes are, most citizens would be too. This event could be considered larger than the olympics, so there would be a large variety of people watching. Is Yuuko watching? Does she have the time to put the Sports Festival on a screen and watch? Does she even want to see how I am doing, scared if I'll be too dangerous?

And what about Mrs. Osaka and her goons, or those above her. Will they watch to see how much I've grown, how much I've changed? Just the thought sent shivers down my spine. I don't want them to watch me anymore. I don't want them to think of me as something to experiment with anymore.

I sighed silently, leaning my head back against the wall as I drew my knees up. I was never told why they were so interested in my Blood Quirk, in training me. Maybe they wanted to find a way to mind control me, so if they see me they just say a few words and I'm a robot. Isn't that a movie or something?

But how can I win without using both my Quirks? Wouldn't that be a punch in the balls to those going full out, only to lose to someone who gave only half her best. I mean, if Shoto beat me just using his ice Quirk, I'd be pissed. But more than that, I don't know how I can stop instincts from turning my Blood Quirk on just to avoid injuries. But using my Quirk will make me look more villainous, right?

"Mira, how can you confidently say people will accept you as a hero?" I looked up from my book work to my exasperated grandmother. She looked as if what I was saying was preposterous.

"Why can't I be a hero? Would you rather me be a villain, go around killing people? Is that good enough for you?" I ask, my tone harsh and angered as I slam my book shut. "What is wrong with aspiring to be a hero? You should be glad I don't want to follow my father's lead and take a swan dive off the top of a building."

Her face turned red with anger and I moved just as she tried to slap me, it being too obvious for me to just sit there and accept it. "You will not talk about my son that way!"

"Why can't I talk about my own father? All he did was abandon me in that shit of a place before taking his life." I stood up and stepped back, avoiding another slap to the face. "You don't even bother to ask what happened, thinking it's all fine. Thinking that me just barely moving on with my life is all fine."

I was taller than my grandmother, so I now looked down at her, her angry, stark blue eyes and graying blue hair, neat and orderly, almost an older image of a female version of my father.

"I want to be a hero. Maybe then I'd finally fix my fucked up life." I growled out and my grandmother seethed with anger.

"You will not be a hero. With that bloody Quirk of yours, I'm surprised you even managed to make at least one companion in your life." She stepped back, swinging her shawl to cover her arms as it came loose from her trying to smack me. "Mira Kazama, as long as I am here, I forbid you from becoming a hero. All you will see are people terrified and disgusted by the Quirk your dreadful mother passed on."

I raised my hand, swinging it down, feeling rage fuel me. I managed to stop it before I smacked the living daylights out of my elder grandmother. I sucked in a large breath and pulled my shaking hand down. "Don't talk about my mother. At least she died trying to protect her child." My voice was shaking with anger, barely controlling myself from attacking.