Friends

I tapped my foot softly against the floor, arms and hair sprawled on my desk as I slouched over uncomfortably comfortable. I stared out the window, feeling tired, listening to the sounds of conversation being made during study hall when Aizawa wasn't here. Not much studying going on.

The male in front of me was speed-running English work Present Mic assigned with a deadly silence. The male behind me was muttering at the speed of light while scribbling intensely. I was bored. I did all my work during detention yesterday, unlike Bakugo who just sat with a glare the whole two hours. I was tired from training late into the evening the past few days; tired from the same dream I've been trying to ignore. Since I'm bored, might as well ask what was going on behind me. 

When I stood up, turned around and sat in the chair with my front facing Midoriya and my back facing Bakugo, Midoriya didn't even glance up. He continued to write in his notebook, with a glance I saw under the title 'Kirishima'.

"Midoriya, what are you writing?" I ask, startling Midoriya.

"Oh, Kazama - I- uh- I justa uh!" He stuttered, waving his hands nervously, dropping his pen. I picked it up before it rolled off the desk.

"Do you have crush on Kirishima or something?" I ask, taking his reaction as a sign. Midoriya bloomed red and shook his head violently.

"No- no! I'm just writing about his Quirk!" Midoriya explained with a higher pitch voice, loud, and someone behind me growled in annoyance.

"Shut up Deku!!" Midoriya calmed down at the shout. I turned the notebook around and read over the scribbled notes.

It was nicely done, notes about Kirishima's fighting style, how the Quirk works and how it looks, what it's used for. I knew Midoriya was a little Quirk obsessed but at least he wasn't foaming at the mouth about stuff like this. 

"You take good notes." I say, looking up at the blushing male.

"T-thanks. I make sure to pay attention when people use their Quirks." Midoriya got a but more relaxed and comfortable. "We'll most likely have to work together in the future, so I want to make sure I know about people's Quirks so we can utilize them the best we can in any situation."

I tilted my head and nodded. "That's smart. I usually rely on my instincts, but taking notes like this is a good idea." I tapped the page. "So Kirishima hardens his whole body, right?"

Midoriya nodded, looking down at the paper with a sudden intensity. "Kirishima can harden either his whole body or part of it at once. It gives him a jagged appearance, but his skin color remains the same. It is also very sharp, the edges, and can be used to cut if hit at the right angle-"

I stopped the rambling Midoriya was about to go on. "If it hardens his whole body, do you think his lower parts also harden?" I ask, just loud enough for the two of us to hear. 

I don't think Midoriya registered what I said. First, he nodded. "That does sound right. His whole body also includes his p- wait what!?" Midoriya blushed again when my question was realized in his head. I held back a chuckle. "I-I don't think that's im- I mean, maybe- uh..."

"I'll ask him." Midoriya was about to fry, so I took the pressure off him. "Kirishima!"

"Yeah!" He replied almost instantly, turning from Mina's direction to look at me with a smile.

"Your whole body hardens when you use your Quirk, right?"

Kirishima smiled, lifting an arm and having it harden, just that part. "Yeah! I can harden my whole body or just one limb!" The whole class watched our interaction.