A Helpful Conversation

"Will Daddy be happy to see me?" I ask as my new nanny gripped my hand tightly, the cold wind blasting us as we walked down the path to the large skyscraper, the noise of a busy street crowding behind us. "It has been a long time."

I look up as the unfamiliar nanny smiled at me, not a fake smile or one that promised pain. One that was truly formed with warmth and care. "Don't worry Mirayu. Your father will be ecstatic when we surprise him! He's missed you, Mirayu."

I nodded, taking comfort in those words. I was finally release fro mrs. Osaka and those doctors last week, and my daddy was so busy we couldn't meet. So my new nanny and I decided to surprise him at Kaz Corporations. I was nervous, as I haven't seen my  daddy in a month and didn't know how he was feeling.

Gripping onto the overlay of my coat, I take a deep breath. We were almost at the large, glass doors, just a few feet away, when I heard a shout. Nanny and I pause and look up, to where we heard the shout. And my eyes widened.

In the flash of a second, I saw my daddy's sad, shocked face pass right next to me. The next thing I noticed was the sickening thud and crunch of a body next to me. The heavy blood splatter on my face, arms and legs. My nanny yelling painfully loud.

My breath began to speed up until I was hyperventilating, eyes wide in shock and fear, hands clenched so tight that my fingers drew blood from the palm of my hand. I could hear the street noise and noise of shocked people drown out as I turned to look down at the ground, at the little pieces of red and white, the pool of blood.

My heart stopped when I finally saw what was once the body of my daddy, now a crushed, bloodied mess, spreading around me. I looked down to my blue, now almost completely red, dress and coat, and felt my canines pop out.

"D-d-daddy's b-blood is on me... Get it off me! Get it off me! Get it off!"

I gasp as my body lurched awake at the dream. The memory. Breathing hard, I take in the familiar decoration of my bed room, my fists clenching the soft comforter, the room dark as the sun had yet to rise. I raise a hand to brush the hair out of my face, gulping to catch my breath.

I kick the comforter off my legs and swing my legs to touch the cold floor when my stomach lurched heavily. Putting a hand to my mouth, I stumble up and run to the bathroom, barely making it before my stomach emptied its contents.

I gripped the side of the toilet and the counter tightly as I vomited, breathing hard as I finally finished, the heavy breathing hurting my chest, my stomach rolling. I shut my eyes, groaning, wishing the thought of my father's crushed body out of my head. 

I pushed myself up from the toilet bowl and flushed after closing the lid, moving over to the sink and rinsing my mouth out and washed my face. Stumbling out of the bathroom, I move to the kitchen, taking out a ramen cup from the pantry and slamming it on the island.

Taking out a pot, I start to boil water, breathing heavily as I leaned on the island. It has been a while since I dreamt of my father's suicide. Just a week after I got discharged, the first time, I went to visit my father. And he greeted me by jumping off one of the tallest skyscrapers in Japan.

Shaking my head, I put the noodles in the water once it started boiling and got some seasoning out. Once the noodles were cooked, I strained the water, seasoned it, and sat at the island, eating my ramen noodles without much interest.

I would call Shoto, talk to him to make me calm down, maybe fall back asleep. But, it's probably too early. Or too late. If I fell asleep again I'd just wake up and vomit at the memory of my fathers crushed body. Maybe I can listen to the music Kyoka gave me... no, I'm too scared of that.