The Change*

"What do you feel about these memories?" Mrs. Osaka's voice was calm, emotionless. I could only blink at her, not wanting to answer.

But I promised to answer. In exchange - in exchange for the life I stole.

"I feel empty." My young voice muttered, squeezing my arms tight around my frame. For once, the harness wasn't around me - but I almost wished it was. An extra layer of protection from them.

"Just empty?" I nodded softly. Mrs. Osaka tilted her head inquisitively. "Can you describe your emotions at all? How does it effect you?"

I stared back into those brown eyes - the ones I swore I saw were red before. The ones that were full of questions - none that sent a pleasure through me. None that felt comforting. But it were the eyes of the only person who stayed by my side. I should answer.

"The more I feel like I deserve to get out of here, the more I realize what a bad person I am and that I don't get anything. Because if I got anything, my mommy-" I broke off, voice choking. Mrs. Osaka smiled I looked away, feeling my eyes burn.

"Wonderful. Just what I need." Mrs. Osaka thought she whispered. I heard her.

********************

When I opened my eyes, the most noticeable thing was the lack of warmth - the caramel warmth that kept dreams at bay. And instead of mulling over the dream - I did something that I had been told to do by Shoto.

I ignored it.

I blinked my bleary eyes, finding the alarm clock that read 5:20 a.m. And an empty space of bed with a pillow that I was clinging and smelling for dear life. I slowly pushed myself to sit up, rubbing at my eyes. I felt the strap of my tank-top, a new one I put on before coming over, slide down my arm. I didn't bother to fix it, still in a sleepy daze.

My gaze roamed over the growing, familiar room. The black desk with a computer, pens and pencils in a case with fire decorating it. A hand towel, and some small decorations of weird objects. 

The walls were beige, posters decorating one wall opposite the bed, on which the TV was placed. Posters of uplifting words about being a winner and number 1 - an All Might poster in the corner, a poster of tools such as grenade launchers, the mechanics behind a certain gun, tanks and planes in another corner. Along with a skull and fire posters. 

The TV was on a stand in the heart of the posters, on a black stand which held the gaming system, the games, and the tv box. Two round chairs sat before it, black and plush. At the end of the bed, which was in the right corner of the room, was a dresser right next to a closet door. The dresser was a gray wood, same as the desk, and held pictures on top of it. I didn't get a chance to look at them earlier since I fell asleep on the sofa and was brought in here.

Other than that one wall of posters and pictures, the room felt a bit plain. A full bed in the corner with plush black comforter and white pillows, a desk and dresser, posters and a TV. It was more furnished then my room. It had a feeling that someone lived in here and spent time here. I liked it.

I yawned. Why didn't he wake me up? Just left me sleep? I think I explained myself over pizza to the group that I wanted to say bye to everyone in the morning, after my mood was boosted. If I remember properly, Mina teased me over just wanting to say bye to Katsuki and then the topic was changed when Kaminari complained that Katsuki knew Kirishima and I's favorite pizza but no one else's. Then they got upset that I was staying the night and was not going to give them a tour of my house last night. 

I rubbed a hand down my face then brushed loose strands of hair back. My stomach wasn't cramping. I should be done, right? I finished before I fell asleep, according to my schedule. Unless my body malfunctions and keeps it going.