Class Rep

My nose burned. Well, not actually burned, but I could smell such a strong, burnt smell. 

"Mirayu!" I heard my mother shout, sounding like a cloth was over her mouth. I winced, my head pounding. Why does my head hurt? Then my ribs started to ache. Why? "Mirayu!" This time, her voice was clear. And I heard the wailing sound of ambulances. The crackling fire. And frightening screams. 

I opened my eyes to see a black sky, reddened by fire and smoke. So it was burning. Where am I? I lifted my hand, unable to move anything else. Why is my hand so small? I groan as a pounding went throughout my body. Why was this so familiar? 

"Mirayu! You need to get up and move!" I turned my head, wincing, and saw my mother - trapped underneath a fallen building, face bloodied and bruised. I felt my eyes widen in shock and fear. Wait - realization hit.

I am in a dream. I am in a dream. 

I watched as a large piece of a building was thrown, smashing onto my mother's trapped body, smushing her. 

It's just a dream. Just a dream.  It is not the present. You already lived through it.

I felt warm, fat tears drop down my cheeks as my body was rocked with pain, emotionally and physically as I stared at the spot where my mother just was.

It's all in the past. This is a dream.

I felt my body being picked up, by large, warm hands. I turned to see - 

"It's all right now! I am here!" The giant man said. It was All Might. I knew who this was. I've seen him before. He's my grandma's friend. I tried to speak, tried to tell him my mother was under the rock. My mouth wouldn't move as he jumped away, picking up multiple people, my body racked with pain.

Just a dream.

He set me down, near other heroes, telling someone to heal me. My mother. My mother is under the rock.  Go help my mother. Go help her. She's under the rock. Then All Might left- bounding away to - a man floating in the sky, throwing debris. 

He killed my mother. He killed my mother. He needs to die. He needs to-

"Die." I pop up, heart racing, stomach churning, body sweating. Fear, sadness, and pain, a phantom pain in my ribs and an emotional pain, racked my body as my face strained to cry. I jumped off the bed, rushing to the bathroom, feeling my stomach churn and head spin.

I barely opened the toilet cover before I emptied the contents of my stomach, falling to my knees. I gripped the side of the bowl as the images flashed against my eyes and my stomach emptied again.

After a while, I was sitting against the tub, my knees bent, head against the tub, eyes open and dull.

I couldn't cry. I felt so much raging emotion in my heart, my eyes burning with desire to at least let one tear escape. Even that dream I had would not force my body to cry, not force an expression out of me. Why am I so messed up?

Ten years ago, there was a large villain attack in the city we were living in. All-for-One, Toshinori told me. While I was asleep, my mother grabbed me and ran out of the building, throwing me as the building crashed on her bottom half of her body. I hit my head and rolled over some large debris and fractured my ribs. But I wasn't crushed under the building. My father was overseas for business.

I passed out for almost fifteen minutes. When I woke up, the last thing I saw was my mother, telling me to run for help, getting crushed by debris that All-for-One threw away. I couldn't speak or move, my little body still not used to the pain. As Toshinori - All Might - saved me, all I could think of was to save my mother. Then to kill the guy who killed my mother.