Just Some Talks

From the start of private training to when Bakugo finally finished, as the sun began to set, I watched. I gave pointers when I turned on my Air Quirk to sense him. Bakugo yelled then applied my corrections.

It was late when we got in the bus and he and I stopped at a burger place for a quick dinner. After arguing, and winning when I said I was a billionaire, I paid for the food and now sat across from him in a booth by the window.

Bakugo stared out the window, eyes clouded. He took a shower, his hair so slightly damp. He took of his blazer, as I did, and his forearms were on full display as he crossed his arms.

"Why don't you wear the tie?" I asked, a question I've always wondered. He was a messy dresser, and never put on his red tie.

"Why does that matter?" Bakugo asked, his lips tipping up in a sneer.

I shrugged, not sure. "Just curious."

He frowned. "It's not like you wear the tie either."

I nodded, my own neck void of the uniform tie. "I don't like ties. And it doesn't go with the uniform. I mean, red with green, white, gray and black?" I shook my head no in slight distaste, putting my cola to my lips and taking a sip.

"Number 69!" An employee suddenly shouted. Bakugo didn't budge, not realizing that was our number.

"Don't you want your hamburgers?" I ask him and he turned his gaze to me.

"That stupid ass number is ours?" He asked, a bit surprised. I nodded my head. Bakugo growled and slid out of the booth to go get our food.

I set my drink back on the table and felt a tap on my shoulder. Apprehensively, I turned to see - an older woman. Her eyes were all purple and her skin was a pale blue, wrinkling at the corners of her eyes and mouth. She looked scarily familiar. 

"That man of yours is pretty good-looking, if I may so." She winked at me, her voice kind and familiar. My man... wait, Bakugo?

"Oh, you got the wrong idea. We are just friends-"

She hushed me, eyes looking over to Bakugo as he began to return with a tray full of food. I fell quiet, as if I must listen to her. It unnerved me.

"Better keep that man on a tight leash before you leave." She patted my shoulder softly before sliding out of the booth. 

Huh?

 As she walked past Bakugo, she stopped him with a tap on the forearm.

"Please don't kill her." I mumble, watching Bakugo's expression go into a wide, angry sneer. He opened his mouth to yell, but the lady said something to him and he froze, eyes narrowing.

"Just go about your fucking day, old lady." He growled and tore away from her. The old lady smirked and continued her journey out of the little restaurant.

Bakugo slammed the tray on the table, muscles tight and flexing as he caught a packet of ketchup. His eyes were both angry and confused at once.

"What did that weird lady say to you?" I asked, wondering if she said something similar to him.

Bakugo's eyes snapped to me and his face calmed ever so slightly. "None of your damn business." Bakugo growled, sliding into his seat.

"Well, the old lady told me to keep a 'tight leash' on you." I told him, grabbing my chicken nuggets, fries, and one burger. Bakugo had three. "I don't understand why. I mean, what importance is it to her?"

Bakugo tsked and opened his first burger packet. "I don't give a fuck about what that lady said." He growled before going quiet with food. I took a nugget out and placed it my mouth, soft and hot.