Afternoon

Mark's POV

Don't lick my face?! That's really comforting. Poor girl got bitten by something in her sleep, got a huge lump on her head, and is being dragged to the hospital for a rabies shot but all I have to say is "Don't lick my face"?! Why does it feel like this is all my fault? Her voice snaps you out of it before you have time to give yourself a reason to feel guilty. "Mark? We're here." You park and the two of you head inside. "Listen, I'm sorry about all this. I mean, we aren't even that close and I'm dragging you all over the place. We're definitely even after this." You say. --- smiles nervously at you and grabs onto your jacket sleeve as you head towards the emergency ward.

You sit in the waiting room for a few minutes before you get asked what the issue is. A nurse does an examination of --- in another room and gives you a dirty look. Why would she? What did I do wro...oh...the black eye. We look like a domestic violence couple. Great. You rub your eyes and sigh, then try to fix your glasses a bit more. --- and the nurse come out and the two of you are directed to  a registration desk. After dealing with paperwork and more suspicious glares, you are finally ushered into the interior of the emergency ward. You are directed to an examination room. Instead of a wall or door there is a curtain. You notice that they close the curtain and hang an infectious disease sign on it. The doctor enters and hands --- a hospital gown. She shoos you out of the room only to call you in a moment later. "Mark...um...it's behind my back...I can't tie it. Could you? You better not look at my chest though, because I will slap you so hard." You assure her you won't and then set about tying it for her. She is blushing so much it shows on her neck and ears. "Should I tie all of them or just the top one?" You ask. "All of them; I don't want it flying open. Wait! I mean, only the top two. The third one is kinda close to my butt." You didn't know it was possible for a human being to blush so deeply. Learn something new every day!

The doctor returns and asks, what you assume are, the routine questions for a woman. Then, the doctor looks at you and starts asking you a number of similar intimate questions. Your turn to blush and feel awkward you suppose. "No, we have not had sexual intercourse in the last 24 hours. No, I have not come in contact with her saliva. There has been no contact of bodily fluids or mucous membranes between us. We're just friends." Finally the awkward questions stop, the doctor leaves, and tells you a nurse will be by with the vaccination. As the nurse enters, --- grabs your hand tightly, almost painfully so. "I'm afraid this is going to sting, but trust me it'll be better than getting rabies. You'll need to relax your arm though." The nurse says. --- squeezes your hand even tighter, which definitely hurts, and clenches her eyes shut. You grab her shoulder with your free hand and try to comfort her. "Listen to me. Just ignore what is going on over there and look at me. You're gonna be fine. It'll be over in just a second and you'll be fine." The nurse inserts the needle at the word "second" which earns you a mildly betrayed look from --- but she gets over it quickly. The nurse tells the two of you that --- can change out of the hospital gown and will be free to go in about 20 minutes once they're certain she isn't experiencing any adverse side effects of the vaccination.

The two of you finally exit the hospital. "Listen, I'm really sorry about today. It's been awful for you I'm sure, and you can't sleep at home until Animal Control deals with whatever tried to take a chunk out of you." You sigh. --- rubs her arm and after a few moments of awkward silence she finally asks "Could you at least drive me by my place so I can pick up my stuff? I'll need to take it to...wherever I end up staying I guess. God, I don't have any family here in LA and none of my friends really have room. So I guess I'll crash at a hotel for a couple days then. I really shouldn't stay in that house while that thing is there." You notice that she shivers a little at the mention of "that thing". You know what it's like being without most of your friends and family in LA. You won't be able to sleep if you aren't certain she has a place to stay, so you tell her "No, you don't have to pay for a hotel because some animal got into your house. If you're alright with it, you can stay in my guest room. I'm not going to leave a friend without a place to stay. Now, let's get you home to pick up your stuff."