F*** You, Actually (+ Contest Winner Announcement)

A/N - I know it hasn't technically been one week but Mark announced a surprise on the Livestream so it feels appropriate.The winners are:

  1st place - youtubeisheaven

  2nd place - saraiplier

  3rd place - theotherveronica

Congratulations to the winners — and to the rest of you,

I'll do another contest at 10,000 views with different questions so those who didn't win will still have a shot!

 Love y'all ^u^  

 - The Wanton Word Witch

You

When you get back to your apartment, you abandon your bags at the door and collapse onto your bed.That asshole! How could Mark do this? All this shit happens and then he just leaves?! We went on a date, we kissed, and as soon as he finds out that this dream shit is his fault, he just ghosts! You begin to sob again gently. "I can't believe I trusted him. Gentleman, my ass." You mutter, curled up on top of the covers. You check your phone expecting — something: an apology, an explanation, some word from your friends, something to confirm your existence among the living. It comes in the form of your phone's alarm reminding you that you have to go work in half an hour. "Fuck." You sigh. You go to the bathroom and spruce yourself up halfheartedly; you're not trying to impress anyone today. You do put on eyeliner though, to distract from the redness. Your coworkers would just love a reason to gossip about you, and you'll be damned if you're going to give them the satisfaction.

Work was, thankfully, uneventful. You don't know what you would have done if it wasn't. Actually, that isn't true; you probably would've cried — a lot. The luck, sadly, doesn't last though. Some idiot ran a red light at an intersection and caused a three car accident. Just fucking perfect. I'm being haunted, got dumped, and now this. Your fingers drum the steering wheel impatiently, and you let out an exasperated sigh. "What did I do in a past life to deserve this? Was I a baby killer? Is that it?" Traffic is still going at a crawl, so you turn on the stereo to distract yourself. You put on your "Fuck You Music" playlist and turn up the volume. That way, you have a reason to scream angrily in your car.

It ultimately takes you an extra 20 minutes to get home. At least the music made you feel a little better. You enter your apartment and drop your bag by the entrance. You're so drained that you don't even bother to check if you locked the door behind you. You start to strip out of your work clothes as you walk towards your room; you can clean it up later. You grab a pair of pajamas to change into and grab a quick shower. With relaxed muscles, clean skin, and fresh pajamas, it's time to feel sorry for myself. You go into the kitchen and grab your stash of period/break up/sad movie snacks: ice cream, cookies, chocolate, and chips. Perfect. Now, where were we "Fuck You" playlist?

You lay on your bed surfing the internet, stuffing your face, and singing along to the music, finally start to feel better and properly relax. The playlist finally ends and you clean up any errant crumbs from your bed. You put away your leftovers for another rainy day and return to bed. Crawling under the covers and starting to drift off, you feel cool fingers card through your hair and hear a faint whisper in your ear "Shhh...I'm here now." You whip your head around. 

"Dark, why are you here?! Fuck off! I don't wanna talk to you." You can feel him place an arm across your waist, spooning you. "I think you just don't want to talk to Mark. We are different people — even if it doesn't seem like it all the time." He coos, continuing to play with your hair. You turn to face him "I said I don't want to talk to you!" Dark gently pulls you towards him so your head is resting on his chest. He rubs your back and says "That's okay; we don't have to talk." You don't want to fight him right now so you just let him hold you. But that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it! "Stop being nice. It doesn't suit you." you mutter. "Why, it reminds you of him too much?" Dark breathes into your ear. "Tsk, that's more like it." you scoff. "I can help you forget about Mark if you want." He replies.