A Warm Day

Mark

Today is definitely going to require more coffee...Lots more coffee. You refill your mug and try to clear your head a bit. "Hey —-, do you want to do anything today?" You ask. "Yesterday was pretty awful, and I want to make it up to you. At least a little." She joins you in the kitchen and rinses the dishes. "No, you don't have to do that. You're a guest right now!" You announce. "Exactly! You're letting me stay in your house; I have to pay you back somehow." She replies. "That french toast was amazing. You cook twice a day and we're even. How's that sound?" You offer. —- smiles and responds "Sounds fair. I guess, could we go out for dinner? You've got to know some decent restaurants around here." It's almost like we're going on a date. Not that I would mind. I mean, she's definitely good looking. She's nice and she's charming and...I still haven't said anything to her yet. You decide to go the playful, flirty route. You raise your eyebrow and smirk "I'll pick you up at six-ish then?" She blushes and responds "You know where I'll be." Sweet, I've got a date with an amazing girl tonight. It's not a date. Get a hold of yourself! I've sworn off dating, and just because she blushed doesn't mean she sees me like that.

You

Oh my god, I'm going on a date with Mark! You have to stop yourself from jumping up and down with excitement. Girl, hold up! Don't get ahead of yourself. He just offered to take you somewhere as an apology for the shitty day yesterday (though last night was amazing). It's not like he confessed his undying love for you in front of a dramatic sunset or anything. That's right. I need to get myself together and act like a normal person. You clear your throat and ask "So, what should we do until then?" Mark puts down his mug and makes a contemplative face before replying. "I should really do some more recording...buuuuuut I do have enough recorded for tomorrow already. I'm tempted to just be lazy and goof off for today. It would make me busy all day tomorrow though." You set down your own mug before you admit to having work the next day. "Goofing off it is then!" Mark replies with a grin.

"So what do you wanna play?" Mark asks. "I have at least a few co-op games we could do together, if you want." He digs through the shelves and pulls out some games. You lean over his shoulder to inspect the pile. "Let's see what we've got. Dead Space 3: nope. Mario Kart: nah...I would rather you still believe I'm a good person—" Mark gives you a questioning look and interrupts "Why would playing Mario Kart with you make me think you were a bad person?" You rub the back of your neck sheepishly and respond "I kind of swear like a sailor when I play that game. 'Princess Peach you cunt muffin!' may or may not be a thing that was said. An insult my parents latched onto because it was apparently the funniest one they'd ever heard. I'll never live that one down." Mark starts laughing. "Cunt muffin? Young women such as yourself shouldn't be using such vulgar language!" he says in his Wilford Warfstache voice; you can't help but laugh too. "I told you it was bad. Ooo! I know what we should play!" Mark gives you another questioning look. "Prop Hunt!" you exclaim. 

[It's just a jump to the left...AKA time warp because I was getting bored of writing that part]

 Mark

You inspect yourself in the mirror. Hair? Floofy but under control — check. Clothes? Casual but flattering — check. Glasses? On my face but really dirty — I should clean them. You clean your glasses and, after checking for the sixth time that everything is in order, meet —- downstairs. She's already at the door. "You look great. I was only getting ready for 20 minutes max, and you managed to do your hair and makeup and stuff! How?!" You exclaim. She flashes you a smile and dons a faux British accent. "Now, now, a lady never reveals her secrets." You leave it at that and the two of you head out to the car.