Strange Dreams

A/N - Hey guys! I know it's been a long time since I updated; thank you for being so patient. It's been a rough year both physically and emotionally for me, but I'm finally starting to feel normal again. I still have medical stuff to deal with, and I'm still struggling with my depression and anxiety, but I'm in a position to deal with it now. This is just a quick update but, hey, it's still an update.

Thanks again for waiting,

- WWW

Mark

Ugh...what's happening? Why can't I see anything? I hear...a voice? It sounds familiar...like...—-. Is she...moaning? You try to open your eyes, nothing happens. You only see black. You try to move your hands, but they feel like they're tied in place. You feel the ghost of a weight over your eyes and pressure on your mouth and chest. You forget about —-'s voice entirely as panic starts to grow. You try to thrash around only to find yourself glued in place. Am I awake right now? Could this be sleep paralysis?

This isn't real. If I wake up this will all go away. I just need to wake up. You latch onto that thought and focus your energy towards concentrating. How are you supposed to recognize a dream again? Let's see...um...mirrors don't work right in dreams! That's no help because I can't see anything. Uh...signs and writing are supposed to be weird too...That has the same problem as the mirror thing though...Damn, what else is there?!

You wrack your brain trying to remember any relevant scraps of information. Come on...I must have heard something about it somewhere. There was something about facts? Oh god, what was it? Uh...it was...it was...Dammit, why can't I remember? You spend another moment digging through your memory before finally finding the bit of information you wanted.

That's right! To wake up from a dream you're supposed to recite facts to help ground yourself. Okay...My name is Mark Fischbach. I have an older brother named Tom. I live in L.A. Nothing yet? Okay...I was born in Hawaii but grew up in Ohio. Still nothing? Uh...I do YouTube for a living. People know me as Markiplier?

The voice says something you don't catch, and suddenly both the pressure and darkness are gone. You blink as your eyes adjust to the sudden light. The strange sense of disconnection from your body remains, but now you can see at least. What you see is not, in fact, your room. Where am I...'m still dreaming, aren't I? Your head turns to the side and you see —- naked, flushed, and gently panting. Yep, definitely still dreaming.