Dinner Date

Mark

 You show up at the restaurant. It's nothing too fancy, but the food is good. You don't want to feel awkward and pressured to eat "perfectly" on a first date, right? Brain...We've talked about this. It's not a date. Then why do you keep looking over at her and grinning like an idiot? I'm doing what? Shit! You take a moment to regain your composure as the waiter asks whether you want a table or booth. You open your mouth when —- interrupts and says "Booth. If they ask if we want a table or a booth and you answer "table" I will never trust you again." You give her your patented, fangirl-melting smile and reply "Noted." She blushes and lags behind a little as you're led to your table, sorry, booth.

You

Holy tits, I forgot how dangerous that smile is. Is...is he holding my hand again? Why does he keep doing that without realizing it?!  "Um...Mark? Can you let go of my hand so I can sit at the table, or should I just..uh...sit next to you?" He turns beet red and drops your hand like a hot iron. He quickly sits down and exclaims "Dammit brain! You warn me I'm staring at her and grinning like an idiot but not that I'm holding her hand!  *sigh* Why do I keep saying shit out loud today?" You can't help but blush. You let out a small smile and grab his hand as you sit down across the table from him. "I didn't say I minded. Just that you'd have to let go so I could sit down." 

It's at this point you realize that the waiter has given up on the two of you and has gone to help another table. You clear your throat and mention that the two of you should probably decide what you want to eat. [What y'all order doesn't matter] "This is delicious! I'm so glad I let you choose the restaurant Mark. Definitely the best first date I've ever been on." you tell him. "Word of advice, never go to a horror movie with someone if you're both enormous 'fraidy cats. That shit does not end well." Mark laughs and flexes his arms as he proclaims "You'd never have to worry about that with me bay-beh. I never get scared." You shoot him a skeptical look and reply with "Mark Edward Fischbach that is a dirty lie. You scream like a little girl at things on the internet for a living."

Mark

"That may be true but...nope there wasn't anything after that." You start to trail off. —- giggles and you realize something. "Hey, you just called it a date!" —- immediately blushes and looks flustered. "Oh no! Did I? God, I must've made you uncomfortable; I'm so sorry! We can forget I ever said that if you want." She gabbled. You just smile at her and grab her hand again. "You don't have to apologize. I'm glad you thought of this as a date too." —- yanks her hand away and for a moment you wonder what you did wrong. "Clearly I fell asleep on the table again and this is all a dream!" —- exclaims, pinching the back of her hand. "Ow! Holy crap, this is real. I am on a wonderful date with the dreamiest guy in the world. How did this even happen?"

After having dessert, the two of you decide to head back to your apartment. After settling in a bit, (and finally convincing —- that she was indeed awake, sane, and not being tricked) you ask —- "I know you watched something earlier while I was recording, but do you want to grab some blankets and watch a movie together?" She gives an enthusiastic "Yes!", so you head upstairs to grab your fluffiest blanket and a couple of pillows. After returning with the aforementioned items the two of you start deciding on a movie. "How about Excision?" You suggest. "Nuh uh, I'm not watching anything with surgery. How about The Doll Master?" She replies. "Nope, creepy dolls and mannequins need to stay 12 million feet away from me." You respond. —- ponders for a moment before suggesting "How about  Disney movie?" You chime in immediately "Ooo! The Lion King because 'Can you fee~l the lo~ve toni~ght!'"

You

Why am I not even kind of surprised? Oh yeah, because Mark is an adorable goofball who is going to be the death of me. "As much as I enjoy spontaneously bursting into song, I'm gonna have to pass on The Lion King." You say. He responds by giving you the saddest puppy dog eyes you've ever seen, like, "Owner got in a car accident and can't take me on walks anymore" levels of sad puppy dog eyes. Can't look him...in...eyes or...I'll...crack. "I have never once made it through that movie without crying. I don't even mean a couple theatrical, slow-dripping tears; I mean full out nose-dripping, release the floodgates, ugly crying." you confess. You don't know what you expected him to do but hugging you certainly wasn't it. "I had to take you to get a rabies shot yesterday! How are you still this cute?!" You are too surprised to say anything and so only blush deeply while you enjoy the warmth of his embrace. Unfortunately for you, Mark takes your silence as permission to put on the movie.

The two of you end up doing duet renditions of some of the songs which were, shockingly, not very off-key. The death scene makes you cry as promised, but Mark holds you and gives you tissues. By the end of the movie, you and Mark are cuddling and laughing together. "Thanks Mark. This has been the best date I've ever been on, and you're definitely the best person I've gone on a date with. This more than makes up for yesterday." You say as you give him a big hug. "I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to ask this, but could we do this again sometime...soon?" Mark looks into your eyes and gives you a warm smile. "I would like that. Also, I hope it's not too presumptuous to do this." He leans in and kisses you. It was just a chaste peck on the lips but you immediately turn beet red and bolt upstairs. "THANKYOUVERYMUCHANDTHATWASN'TPRESUMPTUOUSATALL.I'M GONNAGOTOBEDNOWBYE." You slam the door and flop onto your bed, your fingers ghosting your lips.

Mark

—- does this a lot doesn't she?