45| can I waste all your time here on the sidewalk?

This chapter's gonna be divided into two sections. There'll be a few references to previous chapters so hope you catch em!

-P.S this is probably the longest chapter cause I finally made up my mind and went against my original idea to split it into 2 chapters. So, sorry about that. The atmosphere of the 2nd section was heavily influenced by the song 'Veridis Quo' by Daft Punk, so listen as you read I guess!Anyway, enjoy!🖤

-------------------------
Song title from:
Call it fate, call it karma

1.

2 YEARS LATER
December 22nd, 2020

"Oreos! Oreos!"

The sound of a yelling toddler could be heard from the hallway leading to the kitchen, loud marching footsteps that could only belong to a small child following after.

Robert smiled at this and peered through the living room from the kitchen, walking leisurely over to the woman sat across from the big television propped above a well-decored fireplace, where a crackling fire warmed the room from the late December chills.

"Sounds like someone wants oreos."
Talaska peered up at Robert as he leaned down to give her a peck on the forehead.

"I'm so tired of hearing him yell Rob. His constant, I just- ugh, it's giving me headaches."

"Well, no one said motherhood was easy and besides-"

"I want... FUCKING, OREOoOooS!!!"
They were interrupted by the yelling toddler again, but Robert and Talaska hollered in laughter on the couch and fought to find their breath.

"You know you can just turn the tv off, right?"
Robert went for the remote control in Talaskas hands but she dodged him quickly and snarled.

"What's up with you freak?"
He asked, popping a fruit loop in his mouth.

"I can't turn it off."

"Why?"

She contemplated for a moment, opening her mouth and letting out a short aaa, signaling for a fruit loop. Robert obliged and rummaged his hand in the box, throwing a few pieces into her mouth afterwards. After the momentary reasoning with herself whether to tell him the truth or not, she finally shrugged and said,

"Because,,, Supernanny is addicting."
She had opted for not.

"It's 7 a.m. in the morning. It's your birthday. And you are watching Supernanny. Talaska... baby-"

"Well, there's nothing to do! It's not a birthday if it's not fun and we'll be stuck in here all day anyway because of this stupid shitty ballsack of a virus, but YOU can go out later this evening to shoot your 'Batman' movie," Talaska said this with a ridicule tone, "while I'll be here, rotting my brains on Supernanny and slaughtering my digestive system with your weird-ass pasta! Not to mention, literally morphing my ass and my back on the couch because I have nothing else to do! Why can't they just resume shooting my movie?! And why can't you make normal pasta?! Corn flakes and sugar and pasta don't mix well Ro-"

A pair of lips had landed on hers with such force but feeling the softness of it on hers and the slight tease of a tongue made the harsh impact worth it.

"That'll shut you up." He laughed as Talaska tried to reconnect their mouths again- a piece of new fruit loop originating from Robert now being chewed up in her own mouth.

"I'm sorry, I sound like an ungrateful shit. I'm blessed, this stupid shitty ballsack virus affected people much more than it did us. You should be more grateful of your blessings too Rob-"