27| you're a liar, you're a cheat

Song title from:
Used to be my girl

September 16th, 2013
LOS ANGELES

Talaska's POV

All was well and right in the world at the moment. It's currently 01.24 am at Matt's house. Matt, Bri, Alex, Miles, Jamie, Nick and I, are, with much attempt to fight our laziness and tired eyes, cleaning Matts place. We aren't managing very well however, the whole place was a dump. Matt and Bri's family sure know how to party right thats for sure.

Party confetti covered the whole backyard, little bright neon flashes of lights bouncing off of them once in a while. Red plastic solo cups and beer bottles littered the outside as well as the inside of the house, a whole bunch of them even appearing from the roof.

"You know we won't get all of this cleaned tonight, mate." Alex crouches down and picks up a few strands of confetti, placing it in his handful of them.

"Yeah, but I do enjoy seeing the lot of ye' cleaning up my crib. It's, sorta refreshing." Matt teases.

"Fucks sake Al. You're not helping anyone with the pace you're going at." I say as I dump a stack full of plastic cups and used plates into a trash bag.

"Well how would you clean it? Huh? It's everywhere. You got like a leaf blower or summet, mate? Just blow the whole mess to your neighbors place." Alex jokes. That wasn't too bad of an idea.

"Try it. We got one in the shed."

Alex stood up and wiped his hands on his pants, making his way toward the small shed at the corner of the backyard. He took off his suit a while ago when the seven of us had our own personal dance/karaoke party, deciding that he couldn't move his hips and shoulders to it's maximum potential with such a tight suit on. What was left of him was a white button up shirt, its long sleeves pushed up to his elbows and a button or two unbuttoned as to reveal a bit of his chest.

I mean, I'm not complaining.

Matt and Bri were carelessly snuggled up in each others arms on their patio couch, kissing and leaving all the labor work to the rest of us. Jamie practically gave up the moment he saw the mess we had to help clean up and opted to eat a bunch of left over food. His legs dangling in the pool as he munches on whatever he's found. The only ones that were actually trying to clean anything up was Nick and I- as messy as we are, we still have the basic human decency to always pick up after ourselves.

"I've found it! Beware lads! HA HA!" Alex yells, running out of the small shed with the leaf blower in his grip, motioning it as a chainsaw.

"Woah there. Chill out Texas chainsaw massacre." I laugh as I come up behind Jamie, stealing a bite of his left-over burger- which I now realize probably belonged to some other stranger. He whipped his head up to me with his eyes bulging out.

"You did not. That, that was the best part of the burger." He talked as if I had just run over his dog.

"It was a half eaten sandwich, Jamie."
A small smirk came up.

"Exactly! All the, the sauce and all that's always in the middle! I eat around the whole burger to save it and you-"

He wasn't able to complete his rant when I pushed him into the pool, earning soaring laughter from the others. Jamie was friends with Alex, one of the most dramatic people I've ever encountered, so it was only natural that the way he submerged out of the water was as dramatic. He slowly peered his head out of the water, stopping when the water reached just below his nose, his eyes jolted open and stared at me. The others laughed even loudly, Miles yelling 'He's like those bloody vampires from Twilight!' Which did not help die down the laughter.