46| in response to what you whispered in my ear

LOL I KNOW I HONESTLY THOUGHT I WAS DONE WITH THIS FANFIC BUT I AM SO BORED IN QUARANTINE ATM AND ALL THESE IDEAS KEEP POPPING UP BUT I DONT WANT TO MAKE A NEW ALEX FANFIC SO IDK. WHAT THE HELL WHY NOT.

I'm continuing for the fun of it and if you don't want to read any of this ITS TOTALLY FINEEE HAHAHA I UNDERSTAND. This is all for my own peace of mind anyway, I kept trying to convince myself to not do it but I am just incapable of listening to my own brain🙄

I loveeee love love the original ending (chapter 54) but like Angelina Jolie once said in that one movie "happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet." LMAOO NOT ME TRYNA JUSTIFY MY RANDOM ACT OF IMPULSE BY QUOTING QUEEN ANGELINA🖐🏼🖐🏼😂

-please stop reading if you already feel content with the ending I gave on chapter 54!

--------------------------
Song title from:
Golden Trunks

5 MONTHS AFTER
May 20th, 2021

"Talaska, love, you have to eat. Anything... please just eat something."

A voice called out to her. It was close to her ear and it caused a loose strand of hair to sway, but to Talaska it was distant. Then again, she did feel like she wasn't even in her body.

Aimlessly staring ahead of her at nothing in particular, nothing passed her mind at all. Not only did she feel frozen in place, but mentally she was stagnant. Her mouth opened slightly then closed, and she swallowed that big lump in her throat that just wouldn't go away the last few days.

"Talaska... If not for you, then eat for the baby, yeah?"

Another voice called out. This time accompanied by a gentle touch to her hand, successfully pulling her out of the blankness of her mind.

"Hm?"

She peered up at the speaker sat beside her on the couch.

Jamie pursed his lips and held out a small pound cake for her to take.

The sight of it made Talaska nauseous, but she gave him a small smile and collected it with gratitude, knowing that it would sooth his worries about her just a bit. Jamie's worries weren't soothed at all, and neither for her other friend. Adjacent to her, Miles sat on an armchair, closely watching and trying to articulate Talaska's expressions.

She looked wan and exhausted, and bore no resemblance to the upbeat Talaska just a few days ago.

Had it been only a few days ago?

The natural dark circles she usually hid under a thin layer of concealer was on display and even more sunken and darker than norm, and below it her lips were pale and chapped as if she was overly dehydrated. And something, nobody could pin point what, but something about her frame showed how frail and vulnerable she was at the moment, despite being quite fit.

Miles watched as she took apart a small piece of the pound cake and hesitantly popped it in her mouth, before placing it on the coffee table in front of them.

It was fluffy and sweet with glazed sugar on top, but to Talaska's current tastebuds, everything she consumed left an unsettling metallic taste in her mouth. Even water.

She couldn't take another bite, sure that it'd just come up again along with whatever was in her stomach. Not much considering how little she's been eating.

"Do you want anything else? Anything at all?"
Miles asked, leaning forward from his seat to touch Talaska's hand.

All day everyone has been doing that to her. Touching her hand. Her shoulder. Her arm. Grazing her cheek. Or tucking the loose strands of hair out of her face.