62| a peculiar parallelism of sorts

So sorry for not uploading for so long!!! I had and was initially going to make this chapter wayyy longer but i've decided against that. Oh! AND I ACCIDENTALLY PUBLISHED IT BEFORE IT WAS FINISHED HABSHHAA

------------------------
Song title from:
D is for Dangerous

The faintest tint of red and green met his eye, but not a moment later they disappeared again behind the murky gray of the sky.

A Venus Flytrap disguised as a large puddle of water was gathered on the pavement outside, splashing and engulfing the feet of passerby's as they unwittingly fell victim. Some would curse at their own recklessness whereas others would curse at the rain.

But the ones Alex enjoyed seeing the most were when some would simply glance down at their freshly wet shoes and acknowledged the uncomfortable feeling of cold water seeping through, before continuing their walk like nothing had happened.

His vision hazed by the large condensed window that stood between him and the world outside, with which water droplets were sprinkled and falling here and there on the opposing surface, leaving short trails as it went. The window gave view to what was beyond this small diner, but it also acted as a barrier to obstruct him from leaving -assuming the door 30 feet in front of him didn't exist, of course.

Outside, a wet and dying cigarette fell from the lips of a man in a questionable state, the barely existing red glint going out immediately once hitting the flooded pavement.

Bits of delicate ash fell at his side as he rummaged through his mind on what to do, on what to say, on who he should do or say it to. His expression flickered at her when the centers of his index and middle finger regained their sense of feeling, finally letting go of the wedged cigarette between them.

"She were just going in,,, weren't you Tal?"

Alex answered Alexa's previous statement, shoving his hands into his pockets and stepping a heel on the small cigarette butt.

He could almost hear Talaska's morally contradicting comments in his head; 'Come on, they belong in the bin, Alex!' as she would declare.

She had wanted him to say something, anything, as a response to her sudden proclamation of her love for him. And now that he had, she didn't know whether to be relieved or worried. Because the way he had said it -though very mildly and undetectable to others- indicated that he hadn't wanted her presence near him right then.

"Yeah. Yeah, I-uh," she cleared her throat, "I'm -set to make this stupid speech thing, before Cam goes on stage. Um,,, I'll see you guys inside, I guess."

She replied ploddingly, staring at his face longer than necessary as he refused to meet hers, suddenly finding his dress shoes more flattering looking.

"Hi, good evening everyone," Talaska spoke enthusiastically into the mic, grabbing everyone's attention when they'd realized the host of the event was speaking.

"I'll make this brief so we can get back to dancing and dealing -dealing in actual business and charity terms I mean- definitely not like, dealing drugs or anything."

The crowd let out a collective titter.

A pair of distinguishable heads bop up and down as they make their way through the crowd, Talaska keeping her peripheral vision on them.

"I just wanted to say thank you. Genuinely, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart... Me and Robert, "she straightened herself quickly," we had always discussed the possibility of forming our own foundation one day. And even though that might seem like a very faraway dream, tonight made me realize that I may be on the way to making it come true."