30| really bloody get me in the mood

Song title from:
Tranquility base hotel & casino

TWO YEARS LATER

NEW YORK
December 21st, 2015

Alex's POV

"Al, you did WHAT?!"

I pace around my room fast, nervously listening to Talaska's panicking voice which at the moment is not at all helping my current situation and my own panic.

"For fucks sake, tone it down woman! Aren't you with Miles right now?"

She was having a costume fitting for some Broadway play she was going to do on January, and since Miles had constantly been sulking and pouting all day, Talaska dragged his arse out of his hotel room to make him drive her around to every meeting she had for the day.

"He's in the bathroom! I can't believe you did that, Alex! Ouuuuuuu, he's gonna be so mad at youuu." She teases me in an irritating tone.

"It just happened! I was going over to her hotel room to talk about-"

"Oh my god! You went to her hotel room?! You little slut!" Talaska joked. Depend on Tal to make jokes in a time like this, she laughs whenever she gets news of a person dying. Of course, it was probably just her absurd way of coping.

"Well, yeah, to you know, to talk about well him! And then she offered dinner and I wasn't going to turn down food of course, that'd be rude, right, then we shared a bottle of whine. Only one bottle! And then-"

"Fuck! He's out of the bathroom, I'l call you back."

"Don't rat on my arse, Tal, I swear-"

"Oh shut up, I am not going to be the one to tell him. We'll see you in a few."
Her voice grew smaller by every word before finally saying goodbye and hanging up. I was fucked.

Miles and his girlfriend of two years, Taylor, had recently broken up. Like super recently. Like only 2 days ago recent. The thing was they had broken up on our trip here to New York. Talaska had a lot to do in preparation for her play the last 2 weeks and we all decided to tag along since it's been a while since the lads and I have been here. But Jamie, Nick and Matt had suddenly ditched, leaving only me, Tal, Miles and his now ex Taylor on this god forsaken trip.

From the beginning of the trip, Miles and his bird were already butting heads but they concealed it from me and Talaska pretty well most of the time. By the 4th day here however, they got in a really heated argument over summet Talaska and I could care less about, but apparently it was enough to make Taylor dump him and storm off in the middle of the night. We were staying in the usual apartment the lads and I stay in during recording season, and Miles got really worried when she went out all on her own at 1 in the morning.

He stayed up till dawn calling her cell countless times and even going as far to calling hotels near the area. At last he finally phoned the right hotel that confirmed she was staying there, at first all the hotels kept refusing to give out 'confidential information regarding guests' but once Miles told them his name they told him whether she was in or not, a couple of hotels he even went as far to mention Tals and I's name.

The evening after, Miles went over to the hotel she was staying to talk to her himself, coming back to the apartment more sulky and pouty than when he left. Without telling us about their encounter, he plopped himself on the leather couch, his face buried deep in the pillow as he let out an agitated scream. Talaska and I stared at him and then at each other before looking at him again.