50| all these secrets that you can't keep

Song title from:
Fireside

6 YEARS AGO
The Evening After Al and Tal's One Night Stand

"I love you."

Words that aren't uncommon between the two.

Now however, laying beside each other with their faces inches away above dampen sheets with dampen hair, the words seemed to portray a scary image of where the previous night and current sensual escapade could lead them to.

"Got called to set. Gotta go, Al. Bye, I love you."

"Lads and I are on. Yes, I'll sing that song, okay, shut up won't you? Aight, I love you, git."

Three words, Three syllables.
Said so many times during their friendship with such casualty that along the years, it's become a customary phrase used for the most casual of settings.

"I know."

Alex nuzzled his cheek deeper into the pillow and hummed a new tune he'd been daydreaming.

"Say it back."

"I don't need to. You already know."

"Yes, but I've always liked the way it rolled off your tongue."

There wasn't much Talaska could do but comply to his asking.

"You know I love you too."

Stupidly, she was in a trance. One she knew could have been avoided the moment she stepped into the shower with him.

As they lay on the bed facing one another with their cheeks on different pillows and their hands tucked in between their legs, both were very much aware of the bubble they'd created for themselves.

It acted as a dome shielding them from the influences of the outside world. Within this invisible bubble, they were free to act as not only friends but lovers as well. Knowing that once it's popped, one of those titles had to be dropped effective immediately.

Stealing a look at behind him, a small alarm clock atop the bedside table revealed they only had a remaining hour together.

"I love you, and I'm gonna write another song or songs about you."

"Alex-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know darling. I'm writing it as your mate, don't get your panties in a knot."

There was a desire of wanting to stick out a hand and run her fingers through his long hair. Water and sweat dampening it slightly, swept away from his face in small oceanic waves that was asking to be pat. It's been a while since she'd seen him without any hair product. She wonders why he bothers anyway, considering the way he looks without it.

"How's the writing going? With Miles?"
She fought the desire, instead closing her hands deeper into her thighs, warming it from the air conditioners breeze.

"Shite. You can have a gander at the songs we've come up with, no doubt you'd just shake your head and laugh."

"That bad?"

"It'll get better... I don't want to talk about that now. I want to be here with you."

Alex pulled out a hand and swept it over her cheek, a subtle tint of pink emerging from under his fingers.