24| why'd you only ever call me when you're high?

Song title from:
Why'd you only call me when you're high?

March 11th, 2013
02:56 a.m.

Alex' POV

Just as I was in deep thought of her, my phone rang loudly beside me on the bed. Placing the guitar beside me gently, I take a peek at the caller ID and sigh deeply when I see who it was.

'TAL '

Despite trying my best to not pick it up, my curiosity got the best of me and soon I found myself grasping for the phone, vibrating every second or so. Worried I would miss the call, I swipe the screen quickly and bring it to my ear immediately.

"Hello?"
I say after making a small cough, my throat in nots.

See, this isn't the first time Talaska's called me ever since that night. Every once and a while I would get a call from her and that would be totally great- if only she wasn't high during those calls.

The first time it happened was around the last weeks of January, it was midnight and I was at Matts place for a large barbecue.

January 24th, 2013

I was completely confused as to why she would call me, I excused myself and answered nevertheless

She was my Talaska, why wouldn't I?

As I close the glass doors leading to the backyard and step into the warm living room Breana had decorated for the night, I bring the phone to my ear and call out a confused hello.
She exclaimed an 'AHA! ALEX! YOU ANSWERED!'

But in a way I knew too well from her.
She was drunk shitless.

"Hi Tal. Are you alright?"
Pacing around the furnitures in the room, I only focus on her deep breaths and random slurs of laughter.

"Fucking incredo-bel, Alex. How bout' you mate?" She mimics my accent poorly.
I let out a tiny chuckle at her attempt and tell her I was good.

"Where are you Tal?"
I asked, realizing there weren't any background music playing from her side, if she was drunk she probably would've been at a club or at home- in both settings loud music would be blasting. But it was only her voice.

As much as I had missed her voice, I was starting to get worried.

"I've missed you, Al. You know, something made me think of you today. Not that I don't not think of you everyday, but today, you were just dancing right in my head nonstop!"

Likewise, love.

"Its crazy cause you were like doing the salsa and shit. Dance moves you probably can't even do cause you know, you're a pretty shit dancer-"