42| on her way to meet you

I honestly don't know how many chapters there are left LMAO every chapter just seems to be longer than what I'd envisioned/planned in my head so SORRY THAT THIS IS BEING SO DRAGGED OUTTT I promise I'm trying to summarize it more😤

--------------------------
Song title from:
Crying Lightning

03:15 a.m

Third Person POV

Talaska watched awkwardly as Rob set Tom on the couch, even as he tucked him in with a throw blanket she couldn't find it in herself to smile at the gesture.

Talaska needed to figure out what she wanted, so she took out her phone and texted the person responsible for all of this: Alex.

She was turning 27 this year, and although she was financially stable, at the end of the day all Talaska wanted was to settle down with the right person- because she knew money and jewelry and fame would all evaporate one day, but the right person wouldn't.

"I had a miscarriage."

Talaska blurted out. She hadn't even processed that she'd said it out loud before finally recognizing the shocked expression on her partner.

"I had a miscarriage. And it was the most... awful, thing I have ever experienced."

Before being able to continue, Robert pulled her gently by the arm and sat them both down on the carpet. Toms snores didn't quite set the mood, but both their minds were swirling and ears ringing so it didn't matter much.

"I should've told you, I wanted to-"

"Wait, no,,, wait. Was it mine? Or? Did it happen before me? I mean-"

"No, of course not, I couldn't hide- not it was, before you. It was um,,, it was with... it was Alex's."

Roberts face sunk at the words, by his shock and slight anger and jealousy he ran a hand over his forehead and brought it to his lips. He was confused as what to say.

"I'm sorry."

"There's, there's nothing you should be sorry for, Tal."

"I've always wanted to tell you, Rob. Always... But I hate thinking about it. Even for a second. It's too hard to think about. But sometimes I feel guilty, because I'm trying to move on but then I feel guilty because I don't think about it, because I really should... But it's so hard, I hate thinking about it, Rob"

Talaska sobbed as Robert slid himself closer and caught her in a tight embrace. He stroked her hair and shushed her down like any sane person would. He wondered what she would need going forward now; A therapist? A support group? Another baby?

Would a puppy make her feel better? Maybe a parrot?

He had no idea, but he was sure that at the moment all she needed was him. After a minute or two, Talaskas sobs grew softer until finally stopping all together. Although Robert knew this particular subject wasn't necessarily easy to be touched on, he couldn't fight the growing urge to ask-

"Did you, were you like? Were you happy that you were, pregnant, I mean?"

Talaska pulled away from Robert for a moment to think. Tucking the falling strands of hair away from her face, he waited patiently for her answer.

"Yes... And no. Alex and I, at that point, we'd finally come to terms of just accepting we weren't right for each other. Then one stupid fucking drunken night ruined everything... When I found out, Alex was already with Taylor so, I don't know. The circumstances made me really unhappy... But knowing that I wasn't alone, I had like a human being fucking growing in me-"