25| so who's that girl there?

Song title from:
When The Sun Goes Down

June 1st, 2013
LOS ANGELES

Alex's POV

The sound of a champagne bottle being opened rung through my ears, despite it being annoyingly loud, it wasn't even able to attract my attention away from her. But right then, the back of her head along with the rest of her disappear behind a group of people.

Arielle.

A close acquaintance of Breanna, having been recently on some photoshoot together. I was blessed the opportunity to be introduced to her in the midst of her, Breanna and Matt having a conversation, to which the only reason I interrupted was to get her attention.

Cheers of happiness and soaring laughter filled the house as Nick and Jamie pat Matts back in excitement.

Matt and Breana just announced their engagement yesterday, and yet Breana was still able to plan an entire engagement party over one night. She really was fit for Matt, she's going to be pretty dandy for all the barbecues they're going to throw- and believe me there are going to be a lot of them with Matts family background of hosting uncalled-for barbecues. I mean, the first time Matt going to a dentist does not need to be celebrated with a neighborhood barbecue.

Matt hugs Breana close with one hand around her waist and the other holding the now opened champagne bottle, he pours some into her glass and proportionally gives it to the others.

The house contained a many of Matt and Breana's closest friends and families, and although I've always been uncomfortable and always felt uneasy at parties, Breana and Matt's family and friends always made me feel at ease somehow.

"I can't believe you're getting married, mate."
I say as I swing an arm around his shoulder. As Matt was about to reply with something probably witty, Breana beat him to it.

"It's about time he fuckin' proposed! I thought he'd do it sooner but every time he tried to he'd mess it up somehow."

We had just arrived from writing and recording our new album a couple of days ago, and Matt had mentioned countless times that he wasn't going to be able to wait any much longer to propose and that he would do so immediately after arrival, but he froze up.

"Okay, I only messed up like two times! And one of them you didn't even expect that I was planning on proposing!"

"Oh believe me, I knew. You were practically harassing your coat when you were looking for the ring, which by the way turned out he dropped in the pond in front of us!"

Breana tells me in hysterical laughter.

"It's not my fault I accidentally pulled it out of my coat, I was tryna get the bread for the ducks."

"Well, now some lucky duck is also engaged with you."

They share a small laugh. It's a bit odd and upsetting that soon Matt won't be the same- with him being married and all. But I suppose Breana'll take good care of him and be a good substitute for us lads.

"Well, if we ever get a divorce, I know I'll have another quack waitin' for me."

Matt jokes before pulling Breana in for a short kiss. I usually get annoyed with their PDA but at a moment like this it was to be expected.

I look around the room and look for the long pair of legs that I've grown so fond of in the last 32 minutes upon my arrival.

I entered the house with much excitement and endearment suitable for tonights occasion, but when my eyes took a glimpse of hers I felt another sense of excitement and endearment.
I felt it for her.

Arielle.

What a bird. She strutted across the room with her long pair of legs galloping in front of her, it was as if her own body was unable to keep track on where her legs were going- bouncing from one conversation to another, from one individual story to another, and she didn't seem annoyed or perplexed by the ones that rambled on and on about themselves, instead seeming completely engrossed by every tale one would tell her.

Her hair a bland brunette but when she turns her head you finally catch a glimpse of her face, suddenly nothing seems bland and ordinary from her. Her eyes were drawn by cartoon animators that were not fully sure if they had made the pair too big or just big enough. Her facial features were so distinctive and symmetrical that it would be tiresome to look at for a long period of time, because it was all in all too captivating.

She was the embodiment of perfection.

"She's in the backyard. Talking to a few mates of Bri's."

Matt says with a pat on my back as Breanna walks away, of course he knew. He always knew. I give him a tiny smile before teasing that I didn't know what he was talking about.

We separate after a bit and I head to the backyard- beautifully decorated with lights and candles and all sorts by Breanna. Making way down the stairs, I take a small chug of my beer before accidentally colliding with the opposite person coming up, causing my beverage to spill all over my shirt.

"Oh.... shit."

I dab at my now soaking shirt and look ahead at the trouble maker.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry, you were going down on the right side so I moved to the left but then you went left and I didn't realize. Fuck wait-"

It was Arielle. She took off to the kitchen to get some dry towels and I waited patiently for her return, in the while making use of her absence to think about all the things I could say to sound interesting.