Link felt sick. He'd been trying to make a map of the Twilight Realm in his head, but was only succeeding in becoming hopelessly dizzy and confused.The lingering effects of the healing potion had left a bounce in his steps, but this was making him a bit sick too. He couldn't really understand what Midna had been saying, but he hated leaving Kilm and Zant behind in such a painful and unfinished way.

"Con! Con! Where are you?" A furry gray dog came bounding around a corner and down the hall to greet them. The dog said hello to Midna with an excited bark.

"It's good to see you too, Con. I have someone I would like you to meet. The Paladin of the Goddesses. He's your namesake, I suppose. Con meet Link. Link meet Con."

"Woof! Woof!"

"Isn't he just darling? Don't worry Con. I'm sure Cursel won't mind looking after you in my absence. Especially if I ask nicely. Eee hee."

"Con... Con is a dog?" Link exclaimed. Was this the dog Zant had mentioned?

"Of course, daft wolf. At least try to keep up!"

"Did Zant..."

"I don't know, okay!? Whatever the case, Con is a dog who I found shortly after returning to the Twilight Realm. How he got here doesn't matter! He was lost, so I gave him a home." She sounded hurt and confused. She refused to meet Link's eyes, lest he see the turmoil that resided there.

"Oh. That was very sweet of you."

"Curse the light dwellers! What have they been filling that beautiful head of yours with? Isn't it obvious that I'm training the puppy so that when I can return him to the Realm of Light he will plague havoc and enact my new take-back-what-rightfully-belongs-to-the-Twili plan!?"

"So defensive. I didn't mean to insult you with my observation. You said I am his namesake?" Link scratched the dog between the ears, enjoying how the soft fur slid between his fingers like water.

"What? Oh, that. Um... Well, Con is short for Connection, which is just a different way of saying Link." She blushed a deep gray. It was very cute.

"Missed me that much, did you?" He couldn't resist teasing her a little bit.

"What!? No, I didn't..."

"I missed you too, Midna," he said softly, knowing it to be more than true. It would always be true, even if Midna hadn't missed him at all.

"What am I supposed to say to that?" She sighed heavily. "Come on. The armory is this way." Then she walked on. The hem of her dress swished just inches above the ground and her bright orange hair cascaded in rivers down her back. Link stared at her in awe, not for the first time that day. She walked with such power, such confidence. She was a warrior queen. Link simply her faithful servant, willing to die for her name.

"Link! Don't just stand there! The Light Realm comes closer to demise with every second you waste!" Her voice bounced to his ears like a graceful cat.

"Right. Coming." He glanced down at Con, giving the dog one last quick pet.

"Err... Nice meeting you, Connection." Link dashed down the hall after Midna, who waited impatiently. Con's milky brown eyes watched them sadly. He barked in displeasure at being left alone. With a huff, Con collapsed on the ground to wait for them to come back.