An Oasis

"This must be it. It has to be," Midna said, staring at the giant door that loomed ominously before her and Link.

"It is," Link mumbled feebly. He'd been getting worse... Each room they went through, every monster they snuck by, it seemed like every time a little bit more of his strength faded. Midna didn't know what to do. She doubted that this was just because he drunk the dirty water. Could it?

"How are you so sure?" She turned to look at him, noting how pale he'd become and the glazed over look that captivated his eyes. Could Midna really trust his judgment?

"It's somewhere behind this door. I can feel it calling."

"So now you have a spiritual attachment to your sword? Wonderful..." He didn't respond. Instead he simply closed his eyes.

"Hey! Don't do that! Stay awake! You don't have time to take a nap!"

"It seems like I'm dying, Midna. I should just go find Gerudo while I still have some strength to."

"Shut up! You stupid drama queen! It won't take much longer. The sword is just behind this door! You said so yourself!"

"A door that doesn't have a crack underneath it to fit us, unlike all the others," he pointed out unhelpfully.

"Our sizes are going to change back at any moment." He looked like he was going to be sick, perhaps at her words but maybe just cause he wasn't feeling well.

"Come on! Just a little bit longer and it will all be fine." They started to grow taller, till the room was back to its normal size. Thankfully, this room didn't have any monsters, just a maze-like tile pattern on the floor they'd had to navigate.

"This is what you get for drinking strange water, Link! This is why Hylians don't do that. Your stomachs are too weak to handle it. Twili don't even need water. We've evolved past that!" Link glared at her. She'd hoped he would get better when he returned to his normal size, but if anything he looked worse.

"Fine. I'll be quiet now. Time to open the door so we can deal with whatever is inside." She reached and grabbed the handle. It was a strange handle, like someone had bolted a metal wheel to the door. When she rotated the wheel, it made a low creaking noise. There was a loud click as a mechanism shifted and unlocked the door when she'd turned the wheel as far as it would go.

"Ready?" she asked Link, carefully studying his expression. He forced himself to smile and then grab the handle.

"Together?" he asked softly. Well, at least he wasn't trying to do it all on his own. Small improvements!

"Together," she agreed, gripping the handle tighter. Together they both pulled and opened the door. Then together, they gasped in surprise at what was beyond.

Water. A wall of shining blue wavering over the door, current sweeping over it and waves bubbling up. There was no way they could get into the room. Not if it was all water like that. Link would surely perish.

"That was not what I expected..." She'd expected light. A tremendous, death dealing amount of light. She'd been ready to hurry into Link's shadow. They were in the tower of a Light Spirit, right? So light would have made sense. Yet there was water instead... Water wasn't something she'd had a plan for.

"That's strange. It's just a curtain of water over the door." Link had stuck his hand through the blue wall while Midna had been considering their best course of action. The water parted beneath his hand.

"Oh... Then there's no point in staring at it any longer! We should get going." Link kept the water away while Midna entered the room. He followed behind her.