It's a Secret to Everyone

"I know you are really attached to that ugly green thing... But it's dirty and full of holes! So just wear this one for now," Midna said, handing Link a bundle of clothes. They'd wandered back through the halls for a while and had eventually arrived in a large closet with walls lined with clothes.

"I designed that myself, so you had better be extra nice in your criticism," she smiled as she told him.

"Did you make all the clothes in this room?" Link asked after a moment, looking around. There were a lot of clothes, in all colors of the rainbow.

"Pretty much, it's been a hobby of mine since I was young... There are so many stories, so many memories lurking in the fabrics in this room... I'd offer to tell you about them, but then we'd be here for ages." She gave him a broad grin and he found himself smiling back.

"Why haven't you told me about this before?" It was like there was a whole side of her he'd never seen, never even knew existed.

"How was my little hobby of making clothing supposed to come up in conversation!? It's not, alright!? So I didn't force it. Besides, it makes me seem like a typical princess who spends her days locked in a tower embroidering!"

"You're not a typical princess. Far from it actually. In fact, you're a queen."

"Thank you, that means a lot to me. So, I am going to leave and go wait out in the sewing room. You are going to try those on, then come show me!" She smiled, clapped her hands together and nodded enthusiastically. Then she skipped away. Yes, the Queen of Twilight skipped, she must have been really excited.

"Doesn't seem like I get a say in this," Link mumbled, as he unfolded the bundle of clothes. He changed quickly, but took a small moment to examine his new scars in the mirror in front of him. Although the healing potion had worked wonders, his wounds hadn't healed properly. The scars were angry and a sharp pang shot through him sometimes when he moved. It was definitely an improvement though. He put on the clothes.

"Wow, Midna did a great job," he said to himself. The clothing fit him perfectly and the fabric was soft yet strong.

He wore a half length sleeved shirt of tight chainmail mesh. It fit like a second skin. Over it, he wore a tunic that only covered one shoulder like it was missing half the top and the one sleeve stopped a little before the chainmail shirt did. The sides connected again at the waist. The tunic, though gray in color, looked green when the light hit it just right. His pants were black and ballooned out slightly. They stopped a little above his ankles. There was no belt and no pockets that he could find. He was tempted to put his own belts back on, but decided not to since it might insult Midna.

He looked at himself in the mirror, striking a few poses. He looked nice, dashing even. The clothing looked like something he'd seen he'd imagined a Twili warrior would wear. Except for his green hat. He'd left it on, not wanting to lose all of his hero's green. It made him look silly though, it ruined the whole look. He took it off with a small sad sigh. He had horrible hat hair. He tried smoothing it out with his hand, which didn't work.

"It doesn't matter. Just go out and show her." But it did matter to him. He didn't want her to laugh at him.

He walked over, opened the door and then he walked out. Midna was sitting on a cushioned chair outside, legs crossed. She clapped when she saw him.

"It's more perfect than I could have hoped! You look amazing!" she said, standing. She got up and walked over to an extremely nervous Link. She moved the fabric in a few places and ruffled his hair.

"I thought I'd never get to share it with you..." She sighed and shook her head. "It's still missing a few things though!" she called as she rushed to the other side of the room.

"Hmm... You'll need this. Oh! And this!" She hurried back, setting the stuff she'd grabbed on a small table nearby.

"Give me your arm," she said. He did. She slid a teal glove up his right arm. It stopped at his elbow and was made of a strong flexible material. There was no match for the other side, meaning he wore just one glove.

"Perfect!" She grabbed a gray hat, the same gray as the tunic and of the same style as his green hat, and shoved it on his head.

"Good." She tilted the hat so it was lopsided and went over his left eye. "Perfect! There, I think that's good."

"Um... It's wonderful, Midna. But...are there any pockets?" he asked as he straightened the hat.

"What!? What kind of question is that!? Of course there are pockets! If there weren't, I would have given you some sort of belt!"

"Oh... Where are they?"

"Are the hidden pockets really that hidden? I mean, I did use magic on them to make it so they could contain your trinkets without bulging or anything, but seriously!?"

"Yes."

"Fine. So the edge right there. Yep. By your waist, exactly. And there's a space for your sword and shield in the back. No! Not an actual space. I used magic to make it so a shield and sword should just stick in place." Link nodded, his face red.

"So, do you like it?"

"Yes, it's lovely," he told her with honesty.

"Wonderful, thanks for not complaining too much. Now, we have places to be! Kilm and Zant have probably recovered from the 'lectricity, so we should tell them we're going."

"Okay." Link grabbed his new trinkets and carefully sorted them into pockets. He shoved the white boots on his feet. The boots were too big at first, but they adjusted to fit perfectly within seconds. He grabbed the freezing shield, unsure what to do. He decided to put it away like he normally would. There was no click like there would have been had he been wearing a belt, yet the shield magically stayed in place.

They left the sewing room, as Midna had called. On impulse, he grabbed Midna's hand as they walked together back to the throne room.