Time for a Break

"Ahhhh!" Link screamed as he fell. Why couldn't he land all cool this time? It was more than just because he was dead on his feet and exhausted. It was because someone had messed with his grounding power. Someone must have tampered with the pendant, or maybe his magic, and changed the location he crashed to.

Link got up from the ground, which was covered in green grass. At least he knew he was somewhere in the Light Realm.

"Yes! It worked!" Midna cheered, her shadow form appearing beside him. She jumped up and down in excitement.

"What worked?" He knew where they were now. Faron springs. Little fairies danced above the crystal clear water of the spring. Green woods surrounded them, calming in their assurance of life.

"I was wondering if I could steer your grounding. And I can!"

"You were the one messing with my grounding... Why?"

"Well, you weren't going to stop at a healing spring. Since time is in the essence and all that." Had he actually said that? That sounded like something the Hero's Shade would say...

"I don't have time to heal in the spring," he said firmly.

"Come on! You just spent a tortuous hour on the brink of death. You were like the undead! Besides, I see that you're still clutching your chest like you're having issues breathing. And I bet if you started walking you'd have a slight limp because when you get hurt in the head your legs stop working. It's just common sense. Also, since you don't have shoes, you shouldn't start the battle with your feet already all torn up." He sighed, knowing that she was right as always. He needed to be feeling better if he was to have any hope of winning a battle against Gerudo.

"Fine." Link walked to the water's edge and knelt down. His feet sunk into the chilled mud and a fairy hummed by his ear. Bowing slightly, he sent a quick prayer to the Goddesses.

"Link! We don't have time for formalities!"

"Formalities or nothing..."

"Fine!"

"Good day, Light Spirit Faron," Link said as he returned his focus to the spring.

'Link... You are unwell. Let the healing waters cleanse your wounds and the fairies tend to them.'

"Thank you," Link answered politely, stepping into the water. It soaked through his skin and penetrated his bones with a comforting cold. He swam out deeper and floated on his back. He was tempted to do a few laps around the spring, but he didn't have time and the healing water worked better if he stayed still. A fairy spun around his vision. He followed it briefly before getting super dizzy and closing his eyes.

A minute later he felt refreshed. If his health was measured in little hearts above his head, they'd be bursting with red. Full hearts.

"Ready to go battle Gerudo?" Midna asked, looking him over.

"For real this time?" Link asked with a smile as he stepped onto the shore. He was soaking wet. Water dripped from his clothes, hat and hair to form a puddle on the ground beneath him.

"Yes. Where's a wind fairy when you need it? You could be dry within seconds!"

"They're free." Link closed his eyes, heading for Hyrule Field once more.