Following to Ruin

Hyrule:

The monster that was made of light roared in anger as it walked across the fields. Its claws scratched into the dirt as it walked, leaving a furrowed trail behind it. Its nose sniffed the ground and white blood dripped from its wounded red eye.

'You idiotic creature!' a voice screamed in its head.

'How did you lose him!' That wasn't really fair. It wasn't totally its fault the green hero had escaped. For all it knew, escaping didn't mean he was still alive.

'I need to be sure you half brained twit!' How was it supposed to know that throwing the hero, even as hard as it had, meant he could still escape? The hero had barely been able to stand before it had started shooting again.

'That means nothing! I need the power he possesses! Find him!' The voice in its head was bossy. How was it supposed to find the hero when the ground had opened up and swallowed him? All it had to go on was the shiny shield, the dull sword, and the bloody grass where the hero had fallen.

'No! You are going about this wrong. Follow his horse. He wouldn't have left her behind and she wouldn't have left him.' Hmm... That could work. The horse had a wound in her leg that left speckled marks of red where she had walked. If it followed that, it would find the horse and the hero.

'Yes, now go!' The creature moved on from the shield, following the spotted trail of blood. Its eye throbbed to the beat of its steps. Why was finding the hero so important to the voice anyway? Why couldn't the creature just be at peace again?

This time the voice in its head stayed quiet and didn't answer its questions. That was fine, it hated the voice in its head. The creature hated everything about it. Like how the voice came and went as it pleased. The creature was a Light Spirit! No one should be able to treat a Light Spirit like that!

Click. Click. Click. The creature's claws dug into the stone as it walked. It had lost the path of blood a little while ago, at the start of the stone path. It had figured the horse would have followed the stone path, so it had too. It had become harder to smell the horse, too many Hylians and Gorons and Zoras. The wretched castle deserved to burn. The horse must have gone to the castle to warn the townsfolk. Foolish mistake. It would tear down the castle, find the horse, kill the hero and bring his body to the voice in its head. Or wherever the voice in its head wanted it to bring the hero. It hadn't worked that part out yet. But it would, soon.