On a Stormy Sea of Moving Emotions

"Hyrule is in trouble! And you won't help me save it!?" Link yelled at Midna. He'd forced himself to sitting a few minutes before and had reopened some of the more drastic claw wounds. His face was scrunched with pain.

"Link, be reasonable. You are barely in a condition to live, fighting is out of the question." Midna spat back angrily.

"I'll take a healing potion."

"You won't find any in the Twilight Realm. No. Even if you could, we still can't get back to the Light Realm."

"I'll find a way."

"No, you won't. It's not possible to travel between realms without use of the mirror..."

"Then how did I get here!?" he interrupted in something akin to a confused rage.

"How should I know!? You're the one who somehow came here! Why don't you go figure it out on your own and save your princess in peril!" Midna finally escalated to screaming. There was no point in being semi nice anymore. She'd had enough of this.

"You are a guest in my palace. Feel free to leave at anytime." Maybe she was taking this too far...

"Fine." Link stood up shakily, his skin a deathly pale. He took an unsteady step forward, swaying slightly.

"Link, you're not seriously leaving are you?" He couldn't leave, he'd only just got there. She couldn't lose him again, not so soon, not yet.

"Link, you can't leave. You'll hurt yourself. Please stay." She was nervous, she hated being nervous.

"I just need some air." What was he thinking!?

"Fine. That door leads to a balcony." This was not what she had thought would happen if she ever saw him again. She'd thought there would be tears and adventures. Not that it should have ever been possible for them to see each other again.

Link steadied himself against the wall and made his way to the door. He left faint bloody handprints as he went. A deep breath shuddered through him before he grabbed the handle and tried to open the door. It swung an inch out, the stunning twilight seeping through, till his strength failed him and the door slid closed. Link let out a ragged breath, sweat dripping down his brow.

"Here, let me help." Midna glided over. He grabbed the handle before she got the chance. Once more he pulled. It opened farther this time, flooding the room with twilight.

"It's twilight in your realm." Midna said softly, holding the door open as Link limped through. She followed him out. The sky ahead was more than just its usual yellow. It was flecked with stunning delicate blues.

"I never used to feel sad when the light shined through into the twilight like so many of us do. It was just an hour of my life that made me angry at the light for daring to show its face in my realm." She stared ahead, a wistful look in her eyes. Back when she was younger, she and her friends used to curse the coming of the light.

"But after I returned to the ruins of my home, I couldn't help but feel sad when the light showed. It reminded me of you. Of your light." She turned to face him. Link was leaning heavily on the metal railing, eyes staring out at the blue sprinting across the sky.

"Of the place you call home and all you did to restore its light. Of what you silly light dwellers care about." Link turned to her, surprise etched into his face.

"You are my light, Link. Always. You are the only light I will ever miss. But I won't take away your light because of that. I will help you get back to the Light Realm. Then I can get back to ruling my kingdom in peace. Eee hee!" She laughed at Link's astonished face.

"I'll go look for a healing potion. You try and remember how you got here, okay? Be more careful next time, silly wolf." She returned to the darkened seating room. It was nice to be back in the dark. She loved the dark, it was comforting and familiar. It was safe, she didn't have to worry about it leaving her while she was away.

"Where am I going to find a healing potion such as what Link needs in the Twilight Realm?" she asked herself. It wouldn't be an easy task. Healing potions didn't work on Twili and most of the necessary ingredients couldn't be found here. The only way there would be a healing potion would be if someone had brought one over with them when they returned from the Light Realm. It was possible, but highly unlikely. She was queen though. If anyone could find a healing potion in the Twilight Realm, it was her. She'd address her citizens, though if anyone did have a healing potion she would be incredibly surprised.

"This shouldn't be too hard," she muttered, walking towards a door. It was a deep crimson in color. Tarnished silver lines crisscrossed the surface, meeting at sharp angles. She grabbed the handle, a silver triangle, turned it and opened the door.

Instead of finding an empty hallway, she was greeted by Kilm, his face carved into a worried expression.

"Kilm, is something wrong?"

He stepped aside with a small bow. "No..." Questions seemed to foam at his lips, building in his brain and flooding to his mouth.

Midna spoke before he could ask any questions about Link she couldn't answer. "Did you check out the other disturbance?"

"Yes, but..."

"Good. Did you find another light dweller? They would appear as nothing more than shadows."

"No, I did not find another light dweller, Queen, but..."

"Strange. I wonder what events brought Link here... And why the ground was split twice when only one light dweller arrived..." She turned and began walking down the hallway.

"I need to help him get back to his realm," she mumbled, waving a hand. Teal sparks circled around her fingers. "But I can't help him get there till I know how he got here."

"Queen Midna..." Kilm said quietly, looking to the ground. "I think I know someone who knows what's going on."

"Well why didn't you say so!? Who? Actually, nevermind. Please, go talk to them. Then come tell me what they had to say. I need to go make a speech. Perhaps someone will have a healing potion..."