To Survive (Chapter 1 Part 14)

Makoto stayed quiet for a few seconds. He was trying to process everything that was happening. Kyoko noticed that and brought him back to reality.

Kyoko: Makoto, right now you just need to concentrate on figuring out the answer to this mystery. If we can't uncover who murdered Sayaka, it's over for all of us... 

His expression changed. 

Leon: Look it's easy to say who did it, but we don't have anymore clues.

Asu: Wait a minute, Makoto, Sayaka left something behind. Do you remember?

Makoto: Yes, I do! Sayaka left a dying message.

Leon: Dinning-wait, what did you say?

Leon started sweating. He was caught of guard with that clue. The more the trial is going the more he was getting nervous....

Kyoko: The dying message. She wrote something on the wall behind her, remember? 11037, written in her own blood. There must be  a clue about the killer hidden in there...

Celeste: Well, before we get too far into that, I need to ask... Can we really be sure Sayaka is the on who wrote it?

Makoto: Her left index finger had blood on it.  That could only be because she used that finger to write the message.

Taka: I see... She broke her right wrist during the fight, so she'd have to use her left hand to write...

Aoi: Sure, I think we can all agree Sayaka wrote it, but still... What the heck do those number mean? 11037?

Asu: There's something more to it. They don't exactly look like numbers.

Kyoko noded

Kyoko: Yes, it is because they aren't numbers. 

Hifumi: Oh! yeah, it looks like... 

Mondo: Huh? What? What!?

Hifumi: No it's just... look at the numbers assuming they're *not* numbers. Don't these first two 11, look less like two numbers and more like one letter.

Fujisaki: Ah, you're right! The connecting line is barely there, so I assumed it was 11, but looking at it now, you could also read it as an N!

Mondo: Whoa! You might've finally just said something worth a shit!

Hifumi: Bwehehe! Our little grey cells are really getting excited now!

Sakura: But even if that really is N, "N037" doesn't make any more sense than before...

Kyoko: Rotate the image 180 degrees.

Asu: The angle she wrote it shows us something much more revealing.

Makoto: Oh my god... Now I see! She wrote down the killer's name...

Aoi: Huh!? You just shot past the clue part and right on to who did it!

Toko: So wh-whose name did sh-she write...?

Makoto: The key to solving this mystery was simply to rotate the writing 180 degrees. If you turn the message around... it become the letters L-E-O-N.

Asu: And isn't that the name of someone standing right here... What do you think Leon? 

Leon: Wh-What the hell are you talking about!? I-It's just a coincidence! It's just a bunch of random squiggles that happen to look like my name!