To Survive (Chapter 1 Part 9)

Monokuma: I would never do that! If you can believe anything, you can believe that! 

Leon: He's here again... 

Monokuma: Unless someone violates a school regultion, I absolutely will not interfere. I can promise you, I won'T do anything tha goes agasint the purpose of your school life here. I'm famous at safari parks throughout the wrold for following the "Bear-Time-One" rule!

Chihiro: Then... who did it? Who killed her? 

Monokuma: You already know the answer! The one who killed her is... one of you! 

The room fell into a tensed silence. Could it be really one of us? 

Monokuma: Hmmm? What's the matter? You guys all look like you're about to see a dove get shot up with a Gatling gun! Don't you remember what I told you when this all began? One of you decided to kill Sayaka so that you could graduate! Someone's just following the rules. There's nothing wrong with that! 

Hifumi: Y-You're lying... right?

Makoto: Of course he's lying! I'm telling you, he killed her! 

Monokuma: Nope, sorry. One of you is now a killer. If they wanted to, the one who did it could testfy to that little fact. 

Makoto: What...? 

Makoto looked around the room. He looked at each and everyone of us. He looked at me the longest. I looked away. The cold glare that had disappear, had come back stronger than ever. 

Chihiro: A-Are you serious...? 

Taka: Someone... Someone killed someone! 

Celeste: It is amazing what some people are capable of. 

Mondo: Hey, hold on! Don't just assume he's telling the truth! 

Byakuya: That's enough. Before we do anything else, I'd like to confirm something with the stuffed animal here. If one of us really did kill her, that person gets to graduate from the school, right? 

Monokuma looked at him with a puzzled look. 

Byakuya: Don't play dumb! That's what you said, isn't it!? If you kill someone, you get to leave! 

Monokuma: Phuhuhu...Phuhuhu! Poohohohoho! Bwaaahahahahahah! 

Leon: Why are you laughing!? 

Monokuma: Phuhu... it's cuz... Naive... You're just so naive! You think it's really that easy? You can just kill someone and waltz on outta here? You're super naive! Devilishly naive! HELLISHLY NAIVE! No no no, the real thing has just begun. 

Makoto: The... real thing? 

Monokuma: Are you ready!? Allow me to explain the second part of the rule regarding graduation! Just like I explained before, you must kill someone if you want to leave. However... even if you do that, there's still one more part to the agreement you have to uphold, remember? 

Celeste: You are refering to rule number six of the school regulations... If you are the"blackened" that committed the murder, you can't be found out by the other students. That is what you are talking about, is it not? 

Monokuma: Bingo! It's not enough to just kill someone. You have to actually get away with it! Which naturally means you need a system in place to assess wheter or not it's been gotten away with! So, a certain amount of time after a murder has taken place, a class trial will begin! 

Asu: And what is a "Class trial"?

Monokuma: It will begin a few hours after the murder! Everyone will gather together, including the blackened who committed the murder. And they and the spotless students will all engage in one big debate showdown! 

He then started to explain the whole trial thing. If we uncovered the "blackened" they will be punshied  while the "spotless" will be able to go back to the daily life. If the "spotless" don't uncover the "blackened" then the "spotless" are the ones who will be punished and the"blackened" will graduate. The outcome is decided by popular vote. 

Hifumi: So, um... what exactly is this "punishement" you keep talking about...?

Monokuma: Oh! Well, to put it simply... It's execution! 

Hifumi: E-Execution!? 

Chihiro: And by execution, you mean... 

Monokuma: Execution is...execution. Ex-e-cution! Electric chair, poison gas, torn apart like a paper plane in a hurricane! 

Taka: S-So, to make sure I understand... If we get the culprit right, then only they die. But if we get it wrong... all the rest of us get... executed? 

Monokuma: What a smart little chimpanzee you are! Look at you, implying you didn't do it without actually saying it! So it's basically what the outside world calls a "lay judge" system, or an inquisition type thing! Which means you'll be deciding who you think the killer is. But judge carefully, because all your lives are on the line! Okay, let me just add the rule I just described to your handbook. Make sure to keep it in mind! 

Junko: W-Wait, hold on a second! You're freaking insane, you know that!? A class trial? What the hell is that!? I don't want anything to do with it! 

Monokuma: Why not?

Junko: Whaddya mean why not!? Why do I have to waste my time trying to figure out who murdered someone!? 

Monokuma: What!? Are you saying you're not gonna participate in the trial!? Only punishement awaits such blashpehmy! 

Junko: What? Punishement!? 

Monokuma: I might... I dunno, trow you in a deep, dark scary prison or something! 

Junko: Shut the hell up! Say whatever you want, I'm not gonna be part of this! 

Monokuma: Don't be so selfish! 

Junko: You're the one being selfish! Kill whoever you want, it's got nothing to do with me! 

Monokuma: The evil standing here before me... I'm trembling with fear...! But I won't give in to such evil! It's my style to stick it out and resist till the very end...! If you really wanna get out of here... you'll have to go trough me first! 

As he said that, he charges at us though it was more of a waddle... But then...

Junko: Are you enjoying yourself now? 

Junko had a foot on Monokuma, looking down at him.

Monokuma: Are you? Violence against Headmaster Monokuma is not allowed. You've violated a school regulation... I invoke the might summon spell! Help! To me, godly spear Gungnir! 

In an instant Junko was now impaled by spears. 

Junko: Wh...? H-Huh? This wasn't... supposed to... Why... me... I-I was... supose to...look... over her?

Her eye shot wide open. Her body fell to the ground, and just like that she never moved again...