The final sacrifice (Chapter 6 part 1)

I knew we reached our destination when I heard a thud not long before I hit the floor...  I really thought this was a good idea... I grunted from the shock. I thought going down by the trash chute would be a good idea. Reminder, if we ever do this again, let Kyoko come up with a plan. After that, I heard his voice. 

Makoto: What the-!? Did something fall down over there...? Did a giant piece of trash just fall down there...? 

Kyoko: A giant piece of trash? Rude. 

Athea: Thought you'd be happier to see us. 

We both got up from the pile dusting off ourselves. 

Kyoko: This place smells awful. 

Athea: Well... it is full of trash...

Makoto: Kyoko!? Athea!?

Kyoko: You look like you're doing better than I expected. 

Athea: Of course he is.

Makoto: Wh-What are you both doing here?

Kyoko: Isn't it obvious? 

Athea: Call it a rescue mission... after all, we both threw you under the bus... so it's normal we do this, right?

Makoto: I'm glad to hear that... Um... Kyoko, you've got a bit of garbage in your hair...

She looked surprised and I chuckled helping her getting rid of it.

Makoto: You've changed your hair Athea? Why the singular braid? 

Athea: I have my reasons, it hardly matters now. 

Kyoko: Anyway, I have something for you. Go ahead and eat it. We can talk once you're finished.

Makoto: Th-Thank you!

Athea: Don't eat too fast we don't want to stink up the place more than it already is.

He snatched the bread and water from Kyoko and eating them at a rapid pace. I looked around. The smell was horrid, I could barely stand it... but I had to. 

Makoto: Whew, that really hit the spot! Now I've got all the energy I need to keep going!

Kyoko: So you still haven't given up, then.

Makoto: Of course not! After all, the fact that I can keep going forward is bout all I'm good at...

Kyoko: Well, that's not such a bad thing to be good at.

Makoto: But why... Why'd you come to rescue me? 

Kyoko: To pay a debt, Or, no... to atone.

Makoto: Atone...? 

Kyoko: During the trial, even though you knew I was lying, you didn't say anything.

Makoto: So... you knew that I knew...

Kyoko: But even though I knew, I did nothing to help you. I... abandoned you.

I felt bad.... because overall I had convinced her to put the blame on him. I d told her to trust his trust in her and let him die... now that I was rethinking that... it was an awful plan. A plan that she would have come up with... They kept chatting and in all honesty, I stopped listening. They needed to talk, alone. so I was simply walking around catching glimpse of the conversation. 

Kyoko: I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything... The reason I have to survive... is so that I can do what I came to this school to do.

Makoto: What...?