Welcome to Despair (Prologue Part 2)

I was snapped out of my toughts by a voice.

"Whoa, hey! Another new kid?"

I looked up to see the last student.

"Huh? Then you guys are all...?" 

"Yeah... We're all new here. Today's supposed to be our first day of class." Chihiro said.

"So counting him, that makes sixteen. Seems like a good cut-off point, but I wonder if this is everyone..." 

He was looking at everyone. He seemed to analyse each and everyone one of us. He then spoke up.

"Um... how's it going? My name's Makoto Naegi. Sorry I'm late. A bunch of stuff happened, and then all of a sudden I was just... asleep."

"Whoa, you too?" The guy with crazy hair answered. 

"Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser..." The gothic lolita wondered.

"So strange... I declare beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a strange situation indeed!" Expressed the rounder student.

"Um... what are you talking about? I honestly have no idea what's going on right now."

Taka: Just a moment! There's something else we must address! Makoto! Your tardiness is unacceptable! Surely you were aware the meeting was to start at 8 a.m. sharp! To be late on your first day is unspeakable! I must report you, and you must accept your due punishement! 

Junko: What's your problem? It's not like he *wanted* to be late. He didn't have any control over it. 

The girl ,that had entered the main hall not long after me, suggested we introduce ourselves. The guy with the high collared jacket agressively answered that it was utterly useless to do as such. 

"Maybe, but it may be good to at least find out who we all are before digging into the bigger problems here. I mean, how are we even supposed to talk to each other if we do not know each other's names?" answered the calm gothic lolita

Chihiro: That's a good point...

Another girl suggested the same. Introductions then moving to the what was going on. Most of the students went around and asked each others name. I stayed still looking at the floor. I looked up to introduce myself  when someone came up to me but I went back to looking away. I do appreciate conversation, but the reality is... I barely knew who I was. I couldn't remember a single thing. Not even my own Ultimate or my family... family? The word sounded weird in my head and I wasn't sure why. Once again, Makoto cut my flood of thoughts.

Makoto: U-Uh hey there, I'm Makoto Naegi, you are?

Asu: Asutoraru Supiritto, but call me Asu.

Makoto: Oh well may I ask your Ultimate.

I diverted my eyes away from him, I was trying to find something to answer, but couldn't. He was the only one that had asked for it.

Asu: I don't see how it is useful for you to know my Ultimate.

He seemed suprised by my reaction. 

Makoto: W-Well uh-

I looked away once again. He walked away from me awkwardly. I felt observed. I looked back up to see Kyoko looking at me. I had heard her name from one of her introductions. We were both looking at each other. I overheard her introduction with Naegi where she also denied revealing her Ultimate. I wasn't sure why, but it might seem I'm not the only one who has issues with my memory. I broke the eye contact and went back to stare at the floor. She was still looking at me, but I ignored her. After all of the introductions a voice broke the short moment of silence.